Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site I just signed up a few days ago and have done what i thought was alot of reading.Im vary surprised on how much power d-series motor can put out. Have buddys saying not to build a D waste of time and money not able to run with the big boys all that shit thats why im here to see what I can do and learn from everyone. What I have is a 95 stock d16z6 vtec coupe 165k on it pretty sure I would have to rebuild motor.looking build bottem and head up for high boost 15psi and higher goal is to get about 250 to 300whp or whatever needs to get that high of whp. but the problem is this is DD so i cant pull the head off to get pnp or doing any bottem end work thats were im stuck at right now if anyone has had the same problem maybe help me out. Thanks for your time sorry if this noob question or posted in wrong place

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You cant mod a DD. Only way to do so would be to have a separate engine built and swap it over the weekend. Then it comes to tuning, which if not done correctly, could destroy all your hard work. Start out small, or find another car to DD while you mod your current one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what am i looking at hp wise for boosting stock and not blowing the motor up
or any mods able to do with out getting to deep in

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
what am i looking at hp wise for boosting stock and not blowing the motor up
or any mods able to do with out getting to deep in
Post up in the noob section!

Sorry, you have lots more reading to do. This same general question has been asked and answered hundreds of times. We are all glad to help, but it's better to show that you done some research, and your questions will be more specific.

Is this the first engine your going to build? You can find another Z6 motor to build for a very reasonable price, not likely with a B.

Research others who are building a similar motor, you'll start seeing similar parts and techniques used by the guys who know their stuff, take note!!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
go to a junk yard spend 300 bucks and buy a d16z6. buy a set of rods and pistons fjt has some great deals(check sponsor section). put it back together w/ all new gaskets and your pretty much set. one weekend by yourself or a day with a buddy...swap motors and install the turbo. if you got some money check out go-autoworks turbo kits and grab some injectors. you would have a 300whp turbo'd d-series for less than a 160hp dohc swap. and dont let em talk you out of it. d-series ftw

then you have a spare motor to either sell of keep just incase...and dont forget the tune..most importent part of a d-series turbo build

1 - 5 of 5 Posts