Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way home from work today i got passed by a 7th gen ex coupe.. kid was revving so i decided why not.... its been a while since ive gotten to have a little fun with the civic...
he decided he didnt want to let me get beside him before taking off... prollyl had a 5 car lead and by 115 i had at least a 5 car lead....
we then went from a 2nd gear roll for me around 40 mph and he was to far back for me to judge how many lengths....
he had an intake which i could hear and an exhaust.. 5 spd... lowered and some wheels.... thats about it...
i never realized how slow those cars are....

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
try a 8th gen these lil pigs r slower i think. i know mines slow as crap. i took a dx with header cat back and intake but it was a girl drivin and a auto but thats about all i can kill lol just make sure it isnt a si and u r sure to win

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id actually like to run an si just to see how the weight difference might lpay to my advantage.... ive already taken out a couple of the lower end models of the 8th gens by alot also.... they were better off than this race was at least

·
Registered
325 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
id actually like to run an si just to see how the weight difference might lpay to my advantage.... ive already taken out a couple of the lower end models of the 8th gens by alot also.... they were better off than this race was at least
Remember that all non si and hybrid 8th gens use the same motor.
It's always great to beat the snot outta someone driving a new car :)
-d

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clutchmaster said:
My buddy has a new Si..that fucker is fast it ran a 15.2 up here in albuquerque with no mods..just think what that things would be like with some bolt-ons
im guessing i should be in the mid to high 14s.... but i could be wrong

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Clutchmaster said:
My buddy has a new Si..that fucker is fast it ran a 15.2 up here in albuquerque with no mods..just think what that things would be like with some bolt-ons
yea i think they run 14's stock. jimmy race one i bet that would be a very good race.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
chronodev87 said:
Remember that all non si and hybrid 8th gens use the same motor.
It's always great to beat the snot outta someone driving a new car :)
-d
ummmmmmm WRONG the dx lx and ex all have R18s in them the hybrid has a 1.3 in it. little differance there between a 1.3 and a 1.8 sorry

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
theres a guy on honda-tech who ran a 14.3 with a new si with just a greddy catback. The dude can really drive, i'll find link

·
Registered
325 Posts
Then my english must be bad or something. I meant my post to read as such, "All non si AND hybrid ones use the 1.8"
I had an 'and' in there for a reason (in this case to imply that the hybrid ones also use a different motor). But anyway, he's right of course.
-d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts