Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about three years i had my first kidney stone, hit me around 2:30am and i felt like i was gonna die...

It was excruciating pain and the only way i felt any comfort was to literally walk in a circle like a dog chasing it's tale... I had to go to the hospital and it came with a $5k bill... The drugs were good to me at least :)

Three weeks ago or so i started noticing a pain when i got toward the end of taking a leak, it was like something pulling on my balls with a string but inside... Not sure how else to describe it... It was painful but not bad enough to go get checked out, especially with out insurance... I just dealt with it and figured i had another stone but was happy it wasn't as bad as the first...

Long story short, i peed a lil while ago and it felt like i burped out of my penis and instantly I felt better, also had more energy if that makes any sense... So i was a good lil boy and reached down in the pee water and pulled it out... I wanted to see how big it was compared to the first one, yes, i kept it...

the one on the left is the one that sent me to the hospital, right side passed a lil while ago... Damn, the one tonight is fricken huge but it only has one sharp edge the other may look smooth but it is like a thorn from those sticker bushes...

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Man thanks a lot I hate reading about this stuff it makes mr happy cringe... Hope everythings good now

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ so far so good...

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I've passed several stones in my life and they really suck. It has sent me to the hospital several times. But now I Just deal with it. Heavy pain meds are your friend. If you have vicodin that will take the edge off for sure.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im 24, passed one about 5 months ago.

I've broke femur, collar bone, arms, nose twice.. and NOTHING will ever compare to the pain of the stone. Heres mine..

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
After my step father had a few when i was young, I learned to drink cranberry juice and not alot of carbonated sodas.

the cran juice cleans out the kidneys.

I dont want to be in the pain I saw him have.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Good lord that thing's a freakin' boulder!

Glad to hear your ok.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
After my step father had a few when i was young, I learned to drink cranberry juice and not alot of carbonated sodas.

the cran juice cleans out the kidneys.

I dont want to be in the pain I saw him have.
yup. same here. also i have a healthy diet, so hopefully i won'tget hit by shit like that... jeeebus.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a shitty diet and I've never had one, it's a wake up call though.

Found this info on wiki:

Current dietary recommendations to minimize the formation of kidney stones include:[55]

Increasing total fluid intake, with the objective of increasing urine output to more than two liters per day
Increasing intake of citrate-rich drinks such as lemonade and orange juice
Attempt to maintain a calcium intake of 1,000–1,200 mg (1.0–1.2 g) per day
Limiting sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg (2.3 g) per day
Limiting vitamin C intake to less than 1,000 mg (1.0 g) per day
Limiting animal protein intake to no more than two meals daily, with less than 170–230 g (6.0–8.1 oz) per day. (A positive association between animal protein consumption and recurrence of kidney stones has been shown in men.[56])
Limiting consumption of soft drinks[52] which contain phosphoric acid to flavor the soft drink, don't drink more than a liter of softdrink per week.[57]

·
Registered
88 Posts
That sucks, I heard a guy with one once in a store. Screw getting one, I'm glad it was you and not me! Drink some cranberry juice, I know it tastes like shit but it's good for that.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my urethra feels like it was violently raped :(

funny because it didn't hurt much when it came out...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I'd rather piss out a rock than have a bad gout attack.

I've pissed out 4-5 of them, the first one was the worst.

Only because I was at work and passed out while pissing, yep was found on the floor and had pissed on myself, LOL!

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
I'd rather piss out a rock than have a bad gout attack.

I've pissed out 4-5 of them, the first one was the worst.

Only because I was at work and passed out while pissing, yep was found on the floor and had pissed on myself, LOL!
Damn bone, I felt like I was gonna pass out sitting on the ER for 5 damn hours..i was cussing everybody in the hospital. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I never would have guessed how big they are, I can't imagine anything that big going through my damn pee hole.

IIRC I think Awebb may have had some a while back.
Yep, had one last year. Mine was a special kind of suck! Mine would move inside me like once every 2 months. So I got to do that excruciating pain thing like 3 times before it finally came out. The first time it was about an 7.5 on the pain scale, second was a 9.8. Hurt so bad I puked a few times. In all honestly the pain I could deal with, it was the not being able to get comfortable that sucked. No matter what you do you can't find a way to be comfortable, I mean NOTHING worked.

Eventually I went to take a piss and it just plopped right out. Strangely it didn't hurt a bit on its way out, hurt like hell getting there though.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Had one a few years ago. It took me off my feet like bone, I wasn't pissing but I just waited for the pain to go away but it just built and built. Was found on the floor of my bathroom by sister in law like I was passed out drunk. She dragged me to her car and the ER.

They told me I had multiple stones that were one, but broke into a 3mm and 1.5mm stone(s). Per the Urologist the pain is from the blockage of the connection between your kidneys and bladder, the tube does not stretch, but when it gets blocked it builds pressure just the same, but like steel braided lines.

I pee'd mine out but luckily, lol, I had the flu a day after the visit to the er and by the time the stone made its way through I had a fever of 102 and was leaking from all holes. I missed it when it came out cause I couldnt hold the screen cup.

I drank like 64oz of soda and coffee on top of it for years, it finally caught up to me. Slowed way down on the intake of soda and shit and hope they stay away.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts