Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
you can tap in at the wire under the steering column.

·
Registered
698 Posts
well make sure you verify what polarity your light output wire is from the doorlock module, should be positive cuz most are. But it should be a red/green wire on the steering column.

edit: the red/green wire is a positive polarity wire, should rest at ground.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
there might be a jumper you have to switch on the alarm brain. i cant recall any that actually worked just by simply hooking up either the + or - parking light wire.

cheap alarms will only have a negative trigger even though most cars have a + PL trigger. in that case a relay would be necessary. i would check the manual and see if there are any jumpers you need to switch over.

what brand alarm is it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
damn guys, if the brain says that its a + or - output for parking lights, hook the damn thing up. it will sense what your looking for like most alarms do these days and accuratly blink them. IF the manual says MUST ADD RELAY, then add a relay, its not hard. Too many questions, i just wanted to answer ur question now and have you on your way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.