Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 89 ef hatch semi gutted with a single cam vtec zc. Not finished yet but will be very soon.
I found a pretty clean obd2 gsr integra with i/h/e. All stock minus threes bolt ons.
I'm debating on selling my finished ef and buying the gsr. Anyone think this would be a downgrade?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get like that sometimes when it pisses me off lol. Between the limp mode and body work. I do however wish I would've bought an eg with a z6 and just boosted it rather than building from scratch. Only because of the wiring complications.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I was totally joking. Trying to show you how stupid it sounds when someone else says something like that, hopefully to allow you to reflect on your own statement. :D

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
One day, $2000 wont seem like a lot of money, and you will decide to drop it off at a body shop, and you will get back a perfect looking car. I am almost there with my EF. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I was done until I got it wet and saw all the tiny dents in the roof. Oh well. Cheap paint job and I'll redo it later. Or plasti dip the roof for now lol.
I've never lost money on a build. I've got a couple hundred into this car including my turbo parts. As long as I keep it under 2 grand total I'm happy.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If "losing money" is a factor for you, sell the EF and get the Integra.

EF = proper car that is fun, and one day soon will attain cult status.

DC teg = a car that is flippable for profit with much higher fan boy status especially with a DOHC VTEC engine.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
One day, $2000 wont seem like a lot of money, and you will decide to drop it off at a body shop, and you will get back a perfect looking car. I am almost there with my EF. lol
100% true.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At this rate, I wouldn't lose money. And I plan on keeping it for a little while.
I think you might have answered your original question!
Lol yes. I like an ef. And a single cam shi**ing on a b series sounds fun. Just definitely more complicated of a build than I expected.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Personally, if you own an EF, and are even thinking of selling it, you probably should, cuz you don't sound worthy enough to own it lol

·
Registered
88' honda civic
467 Posts
Personally, if you own an EF, and are even thinking of selling it, you probably should, cuz you don't sound worthy enough to own it lol
I like this one the best. I don't think I could ever sell my EF. I always tell myself that at the least it will be a fun project/track car for my sons and I.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya I don't fall in love with a car. But I've also never gone this in depth with one either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts