Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 97 EX D16Y8 coupe and the odometer reads 232,000. The tranny was swapped by the prev owner to be converted form auto to manual, and he said that he had the head rebuilt 50k miles ago which I don't believe. When the car starts up, I got some blue smoke so i'm burning oil.

With this many miles on the motor, Should I fix the oil burning issue or just swap out the motor?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
figure out what the issue is first. valve stem seals or rings and then go from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 97 EX D16Y8 coupe and the odometer reads 232,000. The tranny was swapped by the prev owner to be converted form auto to manual, and he said that he had the head rebuilt 50k miles ago which I don't believe. When the car starts up, I got some blue smoke so i'm burning oil.

With this many miles on the motor, Should I fix the oil burning issue or just swap out the motor?
Depending on what the cost of a new motor is, within NYC you can pickup a motor for 150ish nonV. Id check the head gasket first if not see what the problem is and debate pricing miles really don't matter as I doubt that motor has been in that chassis that long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts