Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 civic that is my project car and Im faced with a delema.

I dont know whether I should keep the interior or ditch it to reduce weight. The car isnt a daily driver and will only be brought out on the weekends for meets and racing and such.

I'm not really into I.C.E but then again I dont know if the interior should be pulled.

please give me your opinions on what I should do. The interior isnt horrible but its far from perfect......lol....what should I do?

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Whatever doesn't make you go, makes you go slower.

I think you know what to do.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Reactions: EJ1 SCRAPPIN

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I did that a long time ago when I first started working on cars. I've since just put it back. It's really not that big of a deal unless it's a true race car, which it is in your case. Go ahead and do it if you want. Like it has been said before, with are cars every little bit helps. One helpfull hint if you do it, do it CLEAN. Don't fuck up shit like I did. If it doesn't come off, don't force it. Get at least one of those cheap schucks manuals to figure out exactly how to take off the interior.

What's your setup anyway?

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
the 60-75 lbs you remove, isnt going to be all that noticeable....even at 100 lbs, your only going to gain maybe, .15 secs.... hardly worth the effort.....add 35-50 more hp and you have that made back....

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
add 35-50 more hp and you have that made back....
:TU:

my personal opinion...if its strictly a racecar, and its actually fast enough to be reputable(12s or lower), then do it. if you are going to be on the streets more than the track, keep the interior

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I have a DD almost totally gutted, but I've cleaned and sprayed the interior black. Only have the wheel, dash, and aftermarket seats in the car. Never an odd comment from anyone; original plan was to find where the leaks were coming from. Now I think I'll leave it for now. Just take care when removing the plastic pieces, all those [email protected] plastic clips break very easily...

64 Posts
my interior is gutted, the reason i gutted mine, the seat in the back was ripped and all moldy when i got the car, so im looking to find 89 -91 civic SI interior, so i can nab the seats

·
Registered
My two left feet!
428 Posts
its honestly up to urself......i've stripped my boot..spare wheel the lot. a/c is gone, sound deadening and small bits and blobs that arnt of use but i wont take my back seats out.....maybe when i get a roll cage it may come out then! :D

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
:TU:

my personal opinion...if its strictly a racecar, and its actually fast enough to be reputable(12s or lower), then do it. if you are going to be on the streets more than the track, keep the interior
x2 :TU:

i had the gutted car for along time for autox (i pulled everything but the dash and the driver seat) and to be quite honest, when people see a gutted car immediately they think it's an uber fast track machine so depending on how much image and/or status is to you at meets or the track, if a gutted car pulls up to the line and runs 16s or even 15s...well...you know :roll:. i think alot of the respect and pride you can get from building a car is making it perform well in full street trim. for a good example, do a search on google for kenny williams' yellow eg from ottawa :TU:.

not saying you would or have done this but one thing i absolutely cannot stand is when guys brag how quick their car is but they neglect to tell you that they pulled everything but the kitchen sink from the inside, removed a headlight, added a diff intake, removed the windows, went pee and took a poop before the race, etc. i'm not flaming guys with full drag cars because that's their choice and i respect that. it's just that for me i want to know how quick my car is when i'm driving to work, going out on a date, picking up the little one from daycare or getting groceries on a saturday afternoon.

just my $0.02

Reactions: ryan89crx

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
when people see a gutted car immediately they think it's an uber fast track machine so depending on how much image and/or status is to you at meets or the track, if a gutted car pulls up to the line and runs 16s or even 15s...well...you know :roll:.
same goes for a non-gutted car. if you roll up with full interior and run a 15 or 16, nobody looks twice. but if you roll up with full interior and run 11s or 12s, you're definately going to get noticed and talked about

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
same goes for a non-gutted car. if you roll up with full interior and run a 15 or 16, nobody looks twice. but if you roll up with full interior and run 11s or 12s, you're definately going to get noticed and talked about
exactly

kenny williams' yellow eg is the first car that comes to mind for a HP beats in full street trim :TU:.

here is his profile on h-t: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=999297083

just do an archive search under topics started by him and you'll see :TU:

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
went pee and took a poop before the race, etc.
:bigrofl:

lol sounds like the days of wrestling!!!!...hahahaha...

i agree with ^^^^^....until u got the motor all nice and worked up...then start worrying about the other things...but yeah gutted cars=automated cliche of a fast carrrrr...if u can run quick w/ a full interrior...HOLLA

n besides...where do u take ur girl when u wanna smash near the track?......i dont think u want her laying on metal.....backseats FTW!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts