Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I dont know what the hell is going on but I keep blowing my battery fuse to my car for some reason, Im thinking its the amp that I just installed but I have no idea, I was looking at the thread that rattman made thats stickied but it doesnt say anything about blowing fuses, also the past couple mornings (cold) Ive been having to put the charger on my battery, while I figured it was just the cold I got to thinking it might be something else...any ideas on why that battery fuse keeps blowing? also I checked the liquid in my battery and in both theres on 1 thing half full for both of them. could that be one reason?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
is it the amps battery cable or the actual car battery fuse?

what was the last thing you did to your car?

1. replace the battery
2. check the grommet at the firewall where your battery's cable comes into the vehicle
3. get a meter out and check for continuity to ground on the main power feed.

these are suggestions and are not in any particular order.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
popping fuses means loose wires or poor grounds.

if u grounded it to ur chassis make sure that all paint is gone on contact points. also make sure they are tight and dont move

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it folks, turns out the rubber piece on the metal where my amp power cable connects to the battery was exposed the rubber piece slipped down everythings fixed now :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts