Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 90 civic sedan lx that came multipoint, but has been swapped with the d16a6. i keep blowing my "alternator" fuse for some reason. im completely ignorant with electrical, but im working on that. could my problem be from a loose ground?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
check around the area of the alternator (the ground AND the green plug) and make sure there arent any wires exposed. You COULD pull the whole harness out and check over it if you really wanted to, but it depends on what you wanna do.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
check the wire that runs from the fuse block to the alternator and make sure it doesn't have any bare spots where it could be shorting and make sure it's not pinched somewhere.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i fixed it. my battery was bouncing up and hitting my cold air. it had a little cover over the positive terminal, but it came off. its fixed now. thanks guys.

Reactions: NastyHabitzCRX

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i fixed it. my battery was bouncing up and hitting my cold air. it had a little cover over the positive terminal, but it came off. its fixed now. thanks guys.
pretty good troubleshooting skills...i never would have figured that

Reactions: NastyHabitzCRX

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
HAHA my rex used to have this gremin all the time. and no it wasnt a exposed wire or loose battery.

never did track it down but i suspect the alternator kept spiking. thing that sucks is on EFs, the Alt fuse and ECU fuse were powered by the same one :beer:

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was wrong all along. my harness decided to sit on my alternator pulley and it spliced the wires and they kept grounding out. its been fixed though. i guess ishould have posted this a while ago, but im DOHC now.......sorry guys. another one bites the dust. i have been spanking the b's with the sohc......but not for long. ive got a build b18 goin in soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts