4,544 Posts
drool

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
What to do??
Looking at ecu's what would be the general agreed ecu? P28 chipped with a base map?
P06 chipped w/ BM? Have obd0 because its a 89, and have a 0 to 1 jumper harness in the "STASH" hord. Also have under the hood obd1 engine harness.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,544 Posts
do you plan on having it tuned properly? p28

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Will it yield any real power gains? On this mini me or is there an ecu that will do just as well?
The hondata is a bit out there for a tiny circuit board. But that's just me.
I have a p28 that can with a car I bought had a hondata in it but the hodata didn't convey.

·
4,544 Posts
Id run the stock p28 then

unless like I said, you plan on getting it properly tuned.

proper tune will give you the most power reliably and safely. stock tune will give you a stock motor....which if you built it right, will run another 250k+ miles.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
CRAZY WEEK AT WORK! but thats over, hew.
So its bolt'n time for mini Franklin.
Got the z6 timing belt yesterday and the keyway for the cam gear Saturday.
So yeeha good times are a coming!!? lol 😆

P28 cuz its already here. Thank slo for the advice.

Watch Vise Grip Garage on utube if y'all get a few minutes. He a Chebby man , but don't hold that against him. But he takes junk and gets em running, and he's funny! Good watching

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I see that a z6 belt tensioner will not fit on the d16a6 block. So I need a d15b7 or d16a6 tensioner with the bent ear.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan
13 Posts
Love the J’s style valve cover. I’ll never forget that JDM Insider video I watched in 2008 on the Osaka Kanjo. You can still find it on YouTube.

Are you planning on going all out with it? Livery, window net, stripped interior, straight pipe exhaust?

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I'm planning the paint the same, red tint, comfy, seats and other little changes, lol.
I've worked to hard collecting EF interiors to have it stripped. So it'll be loud, comfortable and proud!!

Welcome to D-Series! there are alot of great and helpful ppl here.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Okay I have found what many all ready know that if you have a sohc block D16a6 and vtec head D15b vt., the idle tensioner has to match the block. I have 3 tentioners and 2 belts but these are for vt. motors and if the build is a mini me aka Mr. Frankenstein the block dictates the tensioner.

Left is d16a6 rusted up poc.
Right is a z6 brand new
But they're way different from the physical size to the attachment point to the block and spring.
Just hope this helps someone in their build.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
✋ O' Stop it!
I have liked this look but would never pony up the 💰 for them...... but that was then,
lol and this is now and they're freak'n shweet!

·
4,544 Posts
dude, where in florida are you?

just found out a popular military page I follow on facebook was also in the same city lol. not to far from me actually.

the world is getting smaller

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
✋ O' Stop it!
I have liked this look but would never pony up the 💰 for them...... but that was then, View attachment 136773 lol and this is now and they're freak'n shweet!

Dude, we can go to home depot right now and hook you up with a set of window blinds that look just like that, for like 20 bucks haha.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
so 35.00 is probably too much for them. But hey ... what are the guys that buy the latest and greatest? Ballers ya just toss'n 💰 around like I'm printing it, ha ha ha 😂

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
dude, where in florida are you?

just found out a popular military page I follow on facebook was also in the same city lol. not to far from me actually.

the world is getting smaller
Just a plate my friend had and I put it on so the city won't hassle me.
But now, my brother lives in St. Augustine!

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
The tensioner arrived and line the crank notch to the arrow and had the adjustable timing gear at 0 degrees and 12 o'clock. Installed the belt rotated ccw and got the belt tight on the straight side and tightend down the tensioner! Hot dang I'm rock it go a few revolutions ccw and this is what the belt is doing ....
I'm sure this is something that has been seen before. But kinda took the wind out of my sails.
Anyway I'm figuring it's the gear and ill need to install the factree one.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts