Honda D Series Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
847 Posts
Ha! Didn't see the text at the top of the picture. I was like "He said, doesn't fit around center stud...", I played where's waldo for like 5 minutes and was like "I don't see anything wrong! I can't find him!!!" lol.

Glad you got it figured out

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Ha! Didn't see the text at the top of the picture. I was like "He said, doesn't fit around center stud...", I played where's waldo for like 5 minutes and was like "I don't see anything wrong! I can't find him!!!" lol.

Glad you got it figured out
Yep Wednesday night i must have pretty worn out, not to see Waldo, lol. Thanks doc.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Good morning and Happy Friday to ya Canasta. You know all it takes is time and 💰.
When I had scoot I had no loot
Now I have the loot but what happened to the scoot? 😆

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Finding the shweet spot in the timing belt.
But how does this work? I'm Google it .....

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
Oh man...those timing marks on that gear are SUPER easy to see. I seriously hate my new gear. You can only see the marks in sunlight...and they are hard to see even then. I need to throw it in the trash and snag a different one. It's that bad.

No need to Google it - What you do is loosen all the bolts and drive around for about 20 minutes. Where ever it settles is your desired powerband. Bolt it down from there and tune away. A lot of people say their motors quit working after this method. But I seriously doubt that. Just propaganda.

In all seriousness - Are you using the stock cam? Or did I miss an aftermarket cam in the build thread? If so, I probably have some input for you to try. I spent years messing with the powerband with stock cams..just out of sheer geek-dom.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Stock d15b vt cam.
Which timing belt?
D16a6, d15b, or something else?
And ecu, I have a p75, p28, p06, (p08- jdm its smaller than the usdm ecu's.)
Under the hood is 1989 obd0
The distributor is from the d15b and is LN.

Getting there with everyone's help. Was very reluctant before I joined D-S but have received great advice and really appreciate everybody's knowledge on this little Frankenstein motor!
Definitely will have D-S.Org in the graphics. When that part of the project happens!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
If you're rocking a D16Y8 head on a D16A6 block, I believe you'll be using the Y8 timing belt.

ECU wise, you generally go with whatever cam you are using. If it's D15B Vtec, I would use the P28 until you can chip / tune. You can snag an OBD0 to OBD1 harness adapter and you'll be good to go.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,605 Posts
Civic EG View topic - JDM d15B All you need to know

everything Ive read says, z6 tensioner if you want to run a z6 belt. since the head is the same casting as a z6.

z6 has 104 teeth.....but the vx has 103. if z6 feels like its got slack, vx is your next bet

but I may be wrong. I have been before

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)

D15B head, what goes there?
Thanks,
I'm hoping to get "Betsy" together during the 4th of July weekend. 😃

Everyone enjoy Our Country's Birthday!
Happy, Happy

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,605 Posts
Reactions: Honda Mike

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Found a honda B/H/D cam key so the cam gear can be installed when it arrives.

Finished buffing the paint on a good friend's car this morning.

Its different there's less than 12 in the USA 🇺🇸

141 - 160 of 192 Posts