Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive comments.
Kanjo is a highway in Japan where a lot of ppl race the ef9. And there's nothing can beat a ef9 with a drop rear wing and crazy paint job, to me.

Example: ; ^ )

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
140 Posts
That’s a great looking car man. Cool story too. Love seeing different approaches to builds, but it frustrates me at the same time because I have a hard enough time deciding what to do before seeing stuff like this.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This is a d15b from japan with a low end hp intake I am also building. But The D16Y8 is for top end hp. with the extra long runners.
I'm the same way Sam, build motors for cars, get another car ... another build. It's the detail work that I like most.
what are you working on Sam? your from Canada eh? Theres a lot of great cars up there. JDM parts warehouses too!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a '95 civic hatchback that I'm storing away for the winter until the snow melts. I'm really just accumulating parts at the moment. When I do the bodywork, I'll probably get an engine swapped right after I paint it. I'm still undecided on an engine. I bought an f22b2 to swap into it, but the more I read on it the more hesitant I am. I've had friends pressure me into doing a B-series swap, but if I'm being honest, I'm much more drawn to something like this.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
571 Posts
I love the no good EF9.
I bought Tokyo Extreme Racer long ago, from a discount bin. Actually a pretty cool game. I did not realize the roads in the game were the Kanjo Highway until I saw a video on Youtube, and recognized some of the teams logos.

Good video.

F-series SOHC is a great motor. The F22A6 (IIRC) is what Bisi used, and the heads can flow a ton of air. With boost you could have and easy 500hp motor. 1000 hp is not out of the question for that motor properly built. You could do a F2B.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah I was looking at an F2B. I‘m a bit apprehensive about it but I’m probably going to do it anyway.

I still have to do some more reading on the whole plateless thing because I’m not in the financial spot to dump a bunch of money into it since I’m still in school haha

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Sam, if you see it, and that makes you feel good, that is what needs to go in the bay. The money and time will be there, it's the "want to" that the person needs to focus on. Like some old dude said it's the 1st step that's easy; but it's the last step, that's the one that counts.
Don't give up, keep researching, in between wrench'n, gives you the "want to". And keep a good parts stash. lol.
; ^ ) Honda Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
It’ll get there someday. I have plenty of time to figure out an engine because the first month or two of spring will be dedicating all of my time to the body.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did a 93 EG that had a little rust in the quarters, typical. But it was a great car d15b7 with Si transmission. Nice. So when your done it'll be a head turner tuner.
If you need to bounce questions on your build, I went thru that car from bumper to bumper.
If you go with a motor more than 130 to 140 hp it'll be a handful o fun.
You got a great ride!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is the one rust spot on the entire car. Previous owner had sanded the whole car down and gave up after he saw this, so I was able to get it for a steal in my opinion. Runs and drives really well so I'm excited to see where I can go with it. I'm looking to paint it championship white with some decent rims and I think it can look pretty sharp. My friend has an Integra (B18B1) with a destroyed body that he's going to be parting out and he's letting me take everything I need to swap that into the civic, so I may just end up doing that because it's easy, cheap, and will be pretty quick. But like you can see, this civic is a little way from being a showcar.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here, Mike. Just giving you a better idea of what I'm dealing with. I started on the body a little bit as you can see in the other photo, but that one spot is going to need some closer attention. The interior was just an added bonus.

And no, I'm not keeping the pink rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Threads are just a jumping off point. And it's all good.
So yeah, a replacement 1/4 will be a good. The GSR seats are a nice touch. The pink rims are ... pink, yep.
Bronze Rota Grids are what I'd like to use on my EF9. Ha ha I already have 8 sets of rims and want'n another set. But those rotas are just the right color and shape for kanjo scene.
This is what I bought some 7 or 8 years ago.
Man that was a lot of work, lol. A dang tree fell on the roof at some point in its life. That was a challenge to straighten out. And plasti coated. Only that was a nightmare to remove. It took a long time to see that last step. But it sure was worth it in the end. And that story is 2 or 3 threads lol at least.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts