Honda D Series Forum banner

kamikazD!!!

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  hatched 
G
#1 ·
so i just finishing up my build up on a d16y8 and just getting my turbo set up complete...im thinking since i have the built y8 and i have an extra y7 in my garage, i might run the 1/4 with my current y7 at very high boost...it might not finish...it could blow up....it could go damn fast.....i dont know...but to me it would be worth it to sacrifice a y7 motor in the sake of a one high boost run.

if i do it i will have to trail the car but i would film it and share the vid on the site....especially if it blows!!!!

#3 ·
i'm kind of with him ^^. it would be cool and all, but you'll get better times with the built motor anyways. sell the motor and make some cash to help along your project.

G
#8 ·
thnx mr. pow fo .....glad to see someones with me ......i would get more enjoyment out of eigther a fast time....or blowin her sky high than i would to sell it for....wouldnt get much for it anyways......

G
#11 ·
good....it not like the y7 is a piece of gold...its just a motor.....and in this state not many people keep them...thats part of the reason i never built a d motor untill now...cause the motor is cheaper than th build....

G
#17 ·
funny thing is if you do blow the motor you risk a very good chance of ruining the turbo and otehr good parts due to things liek metal peices in the oil, metal parts going through the turbo blades.

G
#20 ·
oscarmayer said:
funny thing is if you do blow the motor you risk a very good chance of ruining the turbo and otehr good parts due to things liek metal peices in the oil, metal parts going through the turbo blades.
true but i have a filter between my oil line so it wont get to the turbo....but none the less true....

#21 ·
it's worth doing,
if you plan on tuning the y7 properly.
then the motor actually has chance of holding together,
and you might learn something about the limitations of the actual motor itself.

if you just run "whatever" for fuel management, it's not worth it,
cuz it's not going to last, and you're not going to learn anything.

IMO

G
#22 ·
well...yeah the car will be tuned just like it will for the built motor....i just want to put the motor to the test.....that and it would be intresting to see what the damn thing will do at like 20-25 psi....but in the event that it goes up in smoke...cool atleast it will be on film and all over this site....kinda like my loss is you gain in what not to do....kinda thing.....but i actuall kinda want the damn thing to blow all though it will probably only spin rod bearings...but it will still be cool to see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.