Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finishing up my build up on a d16y8 and just getting my turbo set up complete...im thinking since i have the built y8 and i have an extra y7 in my garage, i might run the 1/4 with my current y7 at very high boost...it might not finish...it could blow up....it could go damn fast.....i dont know...but to me it would be worth it to sacrifice a y7 motor in the sake of a one high boost run.

if i do it i will have to trail the car but i would film it and share the vid on the site....especially if it blows!!!!

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i'm kind of with him ^^. it would be cool and all, but you'll get better times with the built motor anyways. sell the motor and make some cash to help along your project.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
up here in minnesota these d series motors are every where..... every shop has them laying arround and i always manage to get them free.....

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
if that's the case, can you get me a motor??? i'll pay shipping lol

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnx mr. pow fo .....glad to see someones with me ......i would get more enjoyment out of eigther a fast time....or blowin her sky high than i would to sell it for....wouldnt get much for it anyways......

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
be sure to get a video of it!

and i still want a motor!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good....it not like the y7 is a piece of gold...its just a motor.....and in this state not many people keep them...thats part of the reason i never built a d motor untill now...cause the motor is cheaper than th build....

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
lol, which makes it a lot less loss of an investment if you do lose the motor.

and my order is a z6 ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right now i can get a complete z6 for $100....but im thinking about buying it and putting it my my hatchback

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
well, if you don't, i'll take it! i'm a little worried about rod bearing failure on the y8's (which is what i have right now)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well....ill agree y8/y7 suck for rod bearings im on motor #6 from bearings

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
funny thing is if you do blow the motor you risk a very good chance of ruining the turbo and otehr good parts due to things liek metal peices in the oil, metal parts going through the turbo blades.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oscarmayer said:
funny thing is if you do blow the motor you risk a very good chance of ruining the turbo and otehr good parts due to things liek metal peices in the oil, metal parts going through the turbo blades.
true but i have a filter between my oil line so it wont get to the turbo....but none the less true....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts