Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much work would it be for me to get the acura rsx base model comes with manual transmission and 70000 miles on it it has salvage title due to rear end damage front end is in excellent condition and still runs and they only want $500 for it so the question is would it be a good deal to get that and then put the type s head on it?.... sorry for the noob question

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
i believe the type s head will not fit. i had a k20a3 for awhile that i picked up for $300, needless to say i sold it a month later for $300. get on clubrsx, you should find your answer in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have full access to that website at work lol.... but basically what your saying is it would be pointless to purchase that engine?

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
You have to figure out what you want to do with it, there is not "pointless engine" with the right turbo and tune you can get anything to scream.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is indeed a true factor but as far as I can tell it is a lot easier come across k20 type s motor performance parts then the base motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yea i would my buddy just did that to his 94 accord but I am one of the unlucky few to have a 7th gen civic

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i believe the type s head will not fit. i had a k20a3 for awhile that i picked up for $300, needless to say i sold it a month later for $300. get on clubrsx, you should find your answer in there
the a2 head fits on an a3... thats what all the ep3 guys were doing before there were cams etc for the a3..
i myself wouldnt do the swap as the a3 is way underpowered for what it is and last i checked there isnt that much of an aftermarket for it

i would however buy the car and just part everything out and make your money back plus some

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that does sound like a good idea hell if i did that i might be able to afford the actual a2 motor lol.... but still it would be nice if i could just put the a2 head on the base motor

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
the a2 head fits on an a3... thats what all the ep3 guys were doing before there were cams etc for the a3..
i myself wouldnt do the swap as the a3 is way underpowered for what it is and last i checked there isnt that much of an aftermarket for it

i would however buy the car and just part everything out and make your money back plus some
i know there was something thats a real pain in the butt when swaping those heads. cant for the life of me remember though.
that does sound like a good idea hell if i did that i might be able to afford the actual a2 motor lol.... but still it would be nice if i could just put the a2 head on the base motor
do what jimmy said, but it, sit in and make car sounds, and then part it out.

oh and kpro alone is $1k

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
A3 sucks balls in stock form.
But with K-Pro + I/H/E+ cams you can make 180+whp N/A with a lot of TQ.

Wit the JRSC Race kit and bolt ons you can make 230+whp.

A3 with the JRSC race kit is a great fun DD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts