Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at fog lights lately and I found a set for $46! They come with the mounting and wiring harnesses. It's a "plug-and-play" style where it's all wired up and I just need to plug it in.... supposedly. My question is has anyone bought from K2 before and are their products good? I mean, $46? I like saving money and all, but I don't want to buy something that's going to be a fragile cheap piece of trash. This is them:
99-00 Honda Civic JDM Fog Lights Kit - Yellow

My dad found another set (mock carbon fiber) that are $126. The wiring harnesses and mounts look exactly the same in the picture. They're made by In Style Parts. Carbon fiber is cool and all, but I don't have any carbon fiber to complement it, so I kind of just want to get the K2 lights in flat black.

1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC OEM FOG LIGHTS YELLOW

But should I?

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
So I've been looking at fog lights lately and I found a set for $46! They come with the mounting and wiring harnesses. It's a "plug-and-play" style where it's all wired up and I just need to plug it in.... supposedly. My question is has anyone bought from K2 before and are their products good? I mean, $46? I like saving money and all, but I don't want to buy something that's going to be a fragile cheap piece of trash. This is them:
99-00 Honda Civic JDM Fog Lights Kit - Yellow

My dad found another set (mock carbon fiber) that are $126. The wiring harnesses and mounts look exactly the same in the picture. They're made by In Style Parts. Carbon fiber is cool and all, but I don't have any carbon fiber to complement it, so I kind of just want to get the K2 lights in flat black.

1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC OEM FOG LIGHTS YELLOW

But should I?
i have the top ones but the egay special's that came with an si grill for $120. the only problem is that the bulbs are cheap and u are going to have to do a lot of taking the bumper off and replacing the bastard bulbs every couple months. u are also gnna have to cut the bumper to fit those too if u didnt no alredy. they fit and look great jus use apoxy to seal the housing

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured that the bumper would have to come off, but cutting it I didn't know. Right when I read that I immediately did a search on DIY install instructions and found that the ramped part had to be cut. Well, I have the tools to do it. So with the K2 lights I have to replace them every 2 months?? WTH?! Why do they burn out so fast?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also, I found fog lights by In Style Parts in flat black for $60 (that's with tax included, free shipping).
1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC FOG LIGHTS YELLOW

And I just found that the reason why they would burn out so fast is because they're not properly secured and they're vibrating witch causes early filament failure. Also, supposedly if you touch the lens with your hands the oil on your hands will contaminate the lights or something. Or a voltage spike.

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Yeah, I figured that the bumper would have to come off, but cutting it I didn't know. Right when I read that I immediately did a search on DIY install instructions and found that the ramped part had to be cut. Well, I have the tools to do it. So with the K2 lights I have to replace them every 2 months?? WTH?! Why do they burn out so fast?
yea i used a saw attachment on my dads drill. the bulbs and housing are kinda iffy from the start. my burnt out due to the rain in cali, just run the ones tht come with it until the burn out then go pick up a set of slyvania ones from autozone for 12 bucks or if ur a baller convert them to hids, use apoxy to seal the housing too

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll remember to seal it. But does it have to be epoxy? Would silicon work?

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Also, I found fog lights by In Style Parts in flat black for $60 (that's with tax included, free shipping).
1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC FOG LIGHTS YELLOW

And I just found that the reason why they would burn out so fast is because they're not properly secured and they're vibrating witch causes early filament failure. Also, supposedly if you touch the lens with your hands the oil on your hands will contaminate the lights or something. Or a voltage spike.
yup dont touch those lil cheap ass lenses

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll just use some examination gloves (like what the dentist uses) when I install them.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I make sure it's tighter than a girl about to lose her virginity! XD

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm going to have my friend or my dad help me out.

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to have my friend or my dad help me out.
yea i had my pops help me. also make sure u get a clean cut on the bumper so the housing fits flush and make sure ur kit thing comes wit a switch for inside. itll go rite near ur sunroof button

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered the one by In Style Parts. It comes with all the wiring and the switch. I'll make sure to use a sharp blade for cutting the bumper.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where on the housing should I seal it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts