Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mikej:Now we all love our D-series but we all know we would jump to the opp to get a k-series. I have a built d16 but i have come across a salvage yard by me that sells k24 longblocks for 1000 and k20 base model longblocks for a little over a 800. Now i know this is D-SERIES but i know there are people on here that know everything about everything. So my question is the k24,if i put that in,what problems would i have,i have heard hood clearance and shit like that. And do u think these are good deals and if so what would u recommend i get? Thanks alot guys,let me know:mikej:

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
:mikej:Now we all love our D-series but we all know we would jump to the opp to get a k-series. I have a built d16 but i have come across a salvage yard by me that sells k24 longblocks for 1000 and k20 base model longblocks for a little over a 800. Now i know this is D-SERIES but i know there are people on here that know everything about everything. So my question is the k24,if i put that in,what problems would i have,i have heard hood clearance and shit like that. And do u think these are good deals and if so what would u recommend i get? Thanks alot guys,let me know:mikej:
best bet is to research honda-tech's hybrid subforum.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i know that,but if i did get it this would be a build that i would do say over the course of a year. And in the end would have a crazy k-series in my eg9 which u dont see much. Dont you agree

·
Registered
133 Posts
you said in the original post tht you have a built d16. Is it turboed? If not then i would take the money you're gonna be spending on the k series and use it to suppply some useful boost to your d16.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no its not boosted yet. Im not geting rid of my d16,if i got the k i was thinking it would be my next project. i would keep it in my garage and work on it little by little while i still got my d.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if you got the cash for the swap, i say go for it.

iirc; a k-swap is far from bolt-in, i think you need to weld in one of the mounts...

a buddy of mine had a cage'd k20 dx eg hatch with faded out milano red paint; perfect track slut...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the only k's they have are k24 and k20a3 which comes from the rsx base which i heard is gay

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Yeah, it will end up costing a LOT more than just the block and head.
Tranny, engine mounts, shifter setup (uses wires you know), and everything else that's needed.

I definitely would like to have a K20, but you need some funds to do a swap like this.
And I see you have a hard time spending money on a proper fuel management setup,
so I don't think this is such a good idea for you...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guess your right,although i and i know alot of people on here would love a k,and the price of the long block is cheap,in the end it would still cost a shit load to get the rest of the parts. That kind of money i could get my d sleeved and buy hondata or sumthing

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
guess your right,although i and i know alot of people on here would love a k,and the price of the long block is cheap,in the end it would still cost a shit load to get the rest of the parts. That kind of money i could get my d sleeved and buy hondata or sumthing
You hit it on the head right there...i think the K is still for people with an abundance of money. A turbo D is very nice and i still think very underated

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
if you do a k series pretty much any k24 block would be ok to use BUT you want to us an rsx type s head and 6 speed tranny
ep3 and base rsx k20a3 is weak and the k24s besides the tsx are all like 160 hp....
but basically what costs the most is mounts, kpro, a header to fit your car because the stock one wont work... im sure there is more but you get the point

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
What K24 are you looking at, do you know?

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?p=208445
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21635

I thought about doing a K swap very hard for about 2 weeks straight. In the end, I decided it wasn't within my budget. I was looking at the Accord/Element 166hp motor.

You're looking at a minimum of $5K to do the swap. It will probably be closer to $7-8K. I'm a BIG fan of the K motors, but unless you're made of money, I'd turbo the D to make good power.

Let me know if you have any questions. Like I said, I looked into it pretty deep.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts