Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was recently entertaining a kswap idea but I think I've decided again to stick with d. Cheaper, easier, and in the end will be faster than the k frank I would have built na for almost less than half the cost. I'll go k next time. It'd be cool to have two em2s anyways... Heh heh heh

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Was recently entertaining a kswap idea but I think I've decided again to stick with d. Cheaper, easier, and in the end will be faster than the k frank I would have built na for almost less than half the cost. I'll go k next time. It'd be cool to have two em2s anyways... Heh heh heh
Oh so you never put the k in? What are you taking out? Lookin' like a cool story so far bro!

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh so you never put the k in? What are you taking out? Lookin' like a cool story so far bro!
Found k24a1 block for dirt cheap. Found k20a2 head also dirt cheap. 450 combined. Started the research. Got a bit intimidated with all that goes into a kswap and the numbers adding up on the bill. My d17a2 is/has/ about to take a shit and the quicker/easier/cheaper the project the better. I'm losing gusto on this project. Everything thus far has fell through : p I was away from the site and cruising k20a for a bit.

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K swap is pretty easy for the price you got the motor for the rest would have been pretty easy and cheap.... But to each there own....
Block looked in rough shape. Haven't bought it yet. Ideally I'd want to build it internally and out I dunno what the particular set up is capable of with stock internals. Or how far you can push it. I'm generally new to this.

But the D17 would have gotten new rods, turbo pistons with a slight bore, head bolts, turbo cam, t28 maybe t3 and exhaust was undecided. Was told the head wouldn't need to be touched to get 300 out of it. Or not right away at least. so its between those two. I dunno if its practical or overkill where other things might be more cost efficient. I just wanna do it right and have it for a while.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Ks are for fags, Ds are for badasses.

NB4 T-MacK rage
Lol
All good.

If your happy with 150-155whp N/A then yes stick with the D
Ive had a few of those and it was time to move on.

And im currently having a blast beating on Type-Rs at the track and lapping the D guys. lol.

Bottomline is theres know such thing as a cheap build. I spent more money building a 150whp D then I did 170whp B-Series......go figure?

K and B have so many more N/A options in the long run and sincw im a N/A guy I was craving alot more and sick of getting passed at the track.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts