Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a k&n e-stream filter on a turbo? I was looking into filters since a few of my friends have been talking shit about not running one lol. Anyway, I stumbled across these and the filtered top caught my interest. They seem to be for ATV's but I dont see why I couldn't run one on my car. Or if anyone could suggest another filter I'd be all ears.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
people say (who knows if it's true) that the glued on top section can fall off and into your turbo... but I've never seen it

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I like the spectre air filters are $20 at parts store and have the open top style, it is angled and not a glued on lid type.

Had one in my Volvo on the turbo, all my hondas, never had an issue and they are lifetime, you can clean and oil them like a K&N.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont they make normal sized ones with an inverted cone in the middle? More filter surface area on those.

edit: K&N RR-3001 Reverse Conical Universal Air Filter, Universal Air Filters these kind
Ohhhh I do like that. Like you said, more surface area is better.

people say (who knows if it's true) that the glued on top section can fall off and into your turbo... but I've never seen it
That was my concern.

I like the spectre air filters are $20 at parts store and have the open top style, it is angled and not a glued on lid type.

Had one in my Volvo on the turbo, all my hondas, never had an issue and they are lifetime, you can clean and oil them like a K&N.

I like the price of those but I've seen a few threads of people saying the metal in the middle coming off and into the turbo, but your saying it's not glued so maybe it's different type I'm thinking of.

Thanks for all the input guys!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts

I got one of those for $12 at advance auto parts.
Havent had any problems out of it in my turbo kit.
Parts guy said ots the same as k&n just under a different name.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
I'm running the vibrant velocity stack for a 3" pipe with the vibrant filter. I've had it for years and no issues.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I took a pic of the inside of mine, it is glued but I have never seen one of mine come apart unless I did the damage trying to mod the filter housing. Like I said before one was on a turbo volvo for four years no issues.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^I've seen one...on my brother's own car. His LS almost "ate" the metal cap, but instead it just blocked up all air into the throttle body. It came to rest perfectly covering the TB inlet from all air. Was the funniest thing we'd ever seen!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have used the Spectre filters on all my cars, NA and turbo, never had any issues. On my boosted cars, there was no dyno difference on K&N over this one. Decided to keep using them and still use them to this day.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just saw this on a Facebook group and it made me think of this thread so I thought I would share.

The filter I decided to go with is a 6 inch vibrant filter with a velocity stack. It's a very tight fit but I managed to get it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts