Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, i was busy hustlin and making money so i could buy another car..
Okay so long story short, I got rid of the Integra and picked up this one.. It is a 2002 Acura Rsx Type-S DC5 that I will eventually be building. The plan is to run the black coupe for one more season while i build a K24 block for turbo applications. So here's some pictures of the new whip

The chassis has about 170k and 90k on the K20a2 6 Speed swap which are both in great running condition. It is mostly stock with intake and exhaust as far mods.. Some suspension and 17x9s Xxr and 215-45-17 wheel set-up..

The car is currently being used as my daily, and i will update as i start working on it. That's it for today folks.

Jun signing out!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Ha, good to see the new whip, you are one of those guys, cant keep em long enough to comment, enjoys the hell out of them any way. I love your style duder.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys..I did some suspension work earlier today and fixed some of the exterior stuff, then had the tires balanced at my buddies shop. The car came with Raceland coilovers or also known as "Racecrap" it rides decent just not good enough for my feels.

Patched up and repainted the curve rash on the wheels.

It looks like the car came with DC headers as well

It has a CEL code for O2 sensor so i will have to fix that to pass emissions.. Looks like the ABS and SRS airbag needs to be addressed as well.

I couldn't get my 2 ton jack underneath car, the fact that the car is sitting to low. Here's a little trick that works when working with lowered cars. In my case, i used two jack stand arms and placed it underneath the the tires to helped clear the jack.

She's riding better than ever with a balance height rear and fronts.

The next plan is to fix the saggy door handles and polished and clean the foggy headlights.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Srs light is probably going to be the drivers seat belt buckle switch, which is warranty. Not sure if that's like a full long tube header or just the top portion but is the cat bypassed with a longer header? Otherwise I do see those o2 sensors die a lot. Abs codes on those aren't as common but more than likely a speed sensor.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys.. I haven't done a whole lot other than used it for daily. I might put a ported RBC manifold on it soon enough though

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Went and got myself a Christmas present the other day. It is the famous RBC Manifold "ported" with K-tuned adapter and 70mm Throttle body that was originally in my buddies K24/K20 all motor Teg.

I am still in need of a K-sport PRB ecu and a tune to get the most power out of this stock K20a2. It would be nice to hit 13s N/A with this heavy rsx chassis. I have to be mindful and not go to crazy with mods as the car requires emissions, some bs really.. I might work on the suspensions and brakes later today if i don't end up falling asleep.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The a2 has vtec on both sides yes? Seems like some serious potential NA with an 11:1 motor, got me thinking for sure.

What are you looking for out of the intake mani and tune, 220 ish? Curious about NA builds lately, sorry if I am asking dumb questions.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The a2 has vtec on both sides yes? Seems like some serious potential NA with an 11:1 motor, got me thinking for sure.

What are you looking for out of the intake mani and tune, 220 ish? Curious about NA builds lately, sorry if I am asking dumb questions.
It's all good bro i am just learning about K's myself, and 220ish would be ideal on pump gas. The torque are quite low at 140ish on these motors, unless you swap the bottom end to the bigger and higher stroke K24a2 off a Tsx. The K24a2 came with 171lbs tq @4200 out the factory, and the reason why most all motor guys do this Frankenstein swap. Not to mention it's .1mm bigger in displacement than the A2.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
:TU:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts