Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long story short, my Honda Crv broke something in the steering during the snow storm the other day so I went and picked up this beauty yesterday. It is a bone stock 1999 Acura Integra LS with 153xxx miles A/c, power steering, heating, power windows and everything. I'll say it is about 9/10 interior 9/10 exterior and other than little dings and minor spots of rust by the trunk the car is 95% rust free. It took me a while to save up, but i finally was able to do it with enough patience and dedication. :fingersx: So let's move on to the pictures.

With another set of wheels.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More pictures.

I'm not big on stancelife or hellaflushed or any of all that stuff, so i took my wheels with me let him keep his for a chunk off the negotiated prize. Here's us trying to un-burry the car.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I missed all the exits on my way back home because my dumbass was busy looking at the instrument cluster for anything unusual while taking the long haul back to Lake County. The car ran like a champ without issues the motor sounded healthy, the transmissions shifts like a butter, the suspensions and overall drive-ability is good as well. Had to fill up and here's the car about halfway on the trip home.

And drove the hell out of it the whole day.

So what's my impression? I really liked the torque and low end pick-up on this car, it is pretty fun and useful for daily use. The handling and steering is very tight and definitely a whole lot more responsive than my honda civic. The suspension needs some tweaking and adjust the front damping. The brakes are a little sloppy so i will have to address that as well. The clutch engagement needs to be dialed to my likings, and the sloppy clutch pedal needs to adjusted as well. I love the overall looks on these 99-01 Teggy's and will be adding a Type-R front lip and paint it red to match the color of the car. The side skirts will be painted from black to red as well. I will eventually be cleaning up the headlights, freshen up the interior, tint the windows and do a thorough overall inspection and start from there.

What's the plan for this car? Basically it's main purpose for now is to be my daily driver, so everything under the hood will be left stock for a good while until i decide which route to take, or if i would even bother modding it at all. I will have to rotate the tires and put the wider 225 ones in the rear and 205s on the front. It would be a shame to drive her this winter but we shall see if she survives the test.

The black sohc beast will be patiently waiting inside the garage or at least until the opening next season.

There's a good chance that I'll still be driving it on the streets for shits and giggles this winter. :)

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jelly, love red DC2s.
Thanks man. Isn't Gs-R and Type-Rs are the ones that's called DC2? And the Gs Ls are the Dc4s? I never really paid attention on these "acura terms."

Nice!! What'd you pay for her?
That's a secret! Lol :fingersx:

I named her Felicia btw. She's a very naughty looking car. :bandito:

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. It's a shame i have to drive her this winter :)

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay, so here's some of the stuff i found out upon inspecting the car today. I did mention i was hearing some scraping sound coming from the back, in which was caused by a siezed caliper so the rotor and caliper will need to be changed.

There's very minimal or almost no rust on the under carriage of the car. It looks like it has a yonaka full sleeve coilovers and function lca. For the win!

Adjusted the clutch engagement to my likings and found out that the master cylinder does leak a little bit. I probably should just leave it alone since it is working just fine for now.

Another thing that i noticed is that integras have ball adjuster in both master and brake, which i thought was pretty cool since civic's don't have it. This actually makes the job or adjustments much much easier.

Fixed the door latch issues and that took away the ajar door indicator on the cluster. It's crazy how some of these guys can't fix this simple issues.

Now I can go ahead and move on towards what's under hood with all the warning indicators cleared on the cluster. I think the loud antenna just needs some proper lubrication to operate properly without the rough sound when you turn on the radio, or perhaps the simple WD40 trick will fix this issue. It's been a good couple hours of new learning curve for me and the car is running better than ever. Will update again tomorrow

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
looks like cloth GSR front seats too

the antenna on my GSR is loud as hell, I think that's just what they sound like

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
She's a beaut Jun.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like cloth GSR front seats too

the antenna on my GSR is loud as hell, I think that's just what they sound like
Is that right? I guess I'll just have to deal with it then.

She's a beaut Jun.
Thanks bro. She's a work in progress but i already have all kinds of ideas running thru my mind right now. Hopefully i won't end up with another one of these stories "again"

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
May even be a special edition ls?? Almost same everything as a gsr, minus engine and trans.
We have a couple DOHC vtec heads ready to swap and one that's ported with cams etc. I just don't want to do all that yet

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
....dude just drive it until you can get the beast out in the thawed time of year. You are a good planner from what I have seen, so you already knew this.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Look at you guys hurrying me up with turbo and everything already. :) I do not have any funds left after this cash purchase so I couldn't really buy anything else at this very moment. It will be left as stock for a good while until i get super bored with it

1 - 20 of 49 Posts