Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as some of you know, i have already reached my goal of running 10s with a d-series and i think it is time i move on to a different platform and i felt challenged to build the biggest sohc honda motor. I have been sharing ideas with our very own turboprelude and hi-profile about jumping into this project, and i finally gave in. I was at a meet last night and happened to mention the idea to the guys, and that i am in the look out for a F23a1 motor they thought i was joking. A guy named Adrian popped in to the scene who happened to have a F23a1 sitting in his garage and straight up offered it to me for free just because he's a fan of my build, and that he has been following me for the past two seasons. I was surprised as we aren't really close nor even hang out, but all he wanted was for me to make the city proud and to keep pushing with the single cam. I felt so humbled and we shook hands to seal the deal.

Here's the plan.
F23a1 ported head 'porting it myself when i get a chance'
Rocket Motorsports cam and valve springs
F23a1 block CSS .40 over = to 87mm
Not decided as to what internals I am going to run yet but i got my eyes on wiseco/eagle 11 to 12 CR. 87mmx97 stroke on 20psi+ of boost =10s all day maybe touch 9s with a 6266 turbo.
As far as turbo i can get my hands on a Holset HX35 7 blades if i max the cfm i think it can provide a 550whp that i need with E85.
I will have to work with Jeff or hi-profile with the plates and brackets that I'd need in the process of swapping a B-series transmission or F2b swap.
Let's go ahead and move on to the pictures.

The motor in his garage

Loaded up in the Crv

Roller rockers

Here's a side to side comparison of 1.6 D16 and 2.3 F23 blocks

A good friend has a Hx35 7 blades for the blower

This thing looks like it's brand spanking new

The only sad thing i found out in building F23 is that there's minimal to none as far as finding aftermarket parts, in which i might have to customize and fabricate a lot of components to complete the build. If you guys know of sites and links for f23 parts please do not hesitate to post or share it here. That's it for today folks

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gsr

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rep'd and sub'd. I really enjoy your builds man. Keep up the good work! When I first got into cars, I had a 91 accord. I saw a couple guys run turbos but nothing close to 500 hp. That was also like 12 years ago and tuning is a lot better now.
Thanks Buddy! I'm looking for manifold options as well 62mm used turboes or a Borg S366 to pair up and let her eat! If the budget isn't there then the Hx35 will do the job.

She's a brick (da na nana) house
Haha. Yeah the thing is huge and it was heavy as hell to unload without a cherry picker. The valve cover is almost twice the size of a regular D16 it's wack! :devil:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
if the f23 uses the same pistons as h series. I believe the k series pistons will fit. I may be hella wrong, but they've been known to throw k series pistons into the g23's which I think is f23 head on h22 block

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
if the f23 uses the same pistons as h series. I believe the k series pistons will fit. I may be hella wrong, but they've been known to throw k series pistons into the g23's which I think is f23 head on h22 block
You are correct Slo the k24 piston will work on f23 as well as the k20a3 rods except the K20a2 rods as the big end clearance is slightly different, unless i read it incorrectly. I have spent the past couple hours reading up on F-series and the plateless process.
I will be meeting with Jeff tomorrow he will help me out with block.

Thanks pare

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
so, there are your better options for aftermarket internals. Ive always dreamed of doing a g23 that way. I shall be living through you if you go that route. and by all that is boosty, I hope that you do :) subbed

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
so, there are your better options for aftermarket internals. Ive always dreamed of doing a g23 that way. I shall be living through you if you go that route. and by all that is boosty, I hope that you do :) subbed
I will try to make you proud with this project Slo. It should produce more and run faster than my current set-up. I don't doubt it and should be in the 500s with ease. I was told by a couple of our guru guys that the stock rods and piston could hold the 500hp with a good gas, but I didn't want to risk it. Pistons and rods is more definite in the block as well as getting it all checked and blue printed in a local performance machine shop. I found a new PTE 6262 .82ar from a buddy and I am trying to see what we could work with payment wise. Anyhow, back to F-series readings. Carry on :bandito:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
(about bites his tongue off)

Talk with Bisi about the bottom end stuff. Likely used stuff from Howards.

Phucking F motor should have been in the CRV, not a POS B20!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Bone i do remember bisi and his all motor f22 insight making 415whp and running 9s in the quarter. Robgoof i will if i have to, but Holset might not be enough for my newly found taste. At this point all I want is 500hp rated turbo at the very least.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Looks good man, go big or go home.

But ditch the ghetto turbo and save up for a 72mm turbo and just do it :)

Whats wrong with the holset??

Bout time somebody did this. You probably all ready know this but I remember Hiprofile talking about evo stroker pistons working in the f23's or maybe it was f22. Then whatever rods. Sub'd.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts