Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So shall we continue with this thread? I’ve always been an open book and figured I’ll let you guys in on the next build, and possibly help inspire others out there that are starting with d-series, but I’ll get to that later… As some of you know I’ve split the crankshaft in the civic last track day so I had no choice but to pull the motor out and eventually decided to part ways with the whole set-up. The motor has been through hell and back with me starting from the old quest to 11s thread to quest to 10s. It sure has been a crazy roller coaster, but I was able to reach my goals in spite of small hiccups like transmission blowing up all the time although the car has been a real champ and won a few events this season. I was surprised by how mint and clean everything is inside the block from pistons to oil pump, and i bet it would have lasted a few more season if the crank didn't snap.

RIP MIGHTY VITARA BLOCK

Carnage pictures for everyone.

Thank you for your courageous service Vitara Block

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So anyway, I’ve decided to make my life more interesting by dumping more money on a bigger better build, as well as to keep this forum busy just a little bit. I was contemplating and asked myself a few times whether it’s worth it in the long run, I’m guessing not, but I have a strong urged to push the envelope even further. It really is simple, and either you’re going to do it or you won’t, So f$ck your couch! Lol.

Here’s a quick rundown of the build

SHORT BLOCK
D16z6 GE Sleeved O-Ringed
Welded coolant plug
Custom Arias 11.6 Cr 76mm
Manley 137mm Rods
Arp 2000 bolts bolts
Arp headstuds
Acl race bearings rod/main/thrust washers
Black box delete plug
Ported OE D16z6 oil pump
Oem water pump
Oem tensioner kit
Oem crank seal
Oem water pipe

CYLINDER HEAD:
D16z6 ported and polished head “Same head”
Rocket Motorsports stage 5 billet cam
Supertech valve springs
Supertech valve seals
Stock valves retainers/keepers
Dual -10an vented valve cover
Edelbrock Performance-X Intake manifold
Phearable 70mm TB
Speedfactory thermal gaskets

TRANSMISSION:
GSR “LSD eventually”
Modified bell housing to fit D16 “Plateless”
B-series axles half shaft yada yada yada
Compitition stage 5 clutch
Hasports mounts 95a race specs bushings
Will be using Lenso with M&H 24x9x13 slicks

FORCED INDUCTION:
Precision 6262 .58ar T4 v-band
Speedfactory T4 top mount
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
3.5” Up-pipe hood exit v-band for both exh/wg
Hondata 4 bar map sensor
Innovative LC2 wideband
Manual Boost/Oil pressure gauges
GE sandwich plate for oil distribution
Custom 3 port -10an ventilation catch can

FUELING:
E85 or possibly E98
Bosch 2000cc
Walbro 450 in-tank
Aeromotive FPR
Earls filter -8an fuel lines
AEM fuel rail
Fuel pressure tach gauge

HONDATA S300 V3 for engine management

The intercooling system is still up in the air, but I’m planning on doing a back door from turbo to intercooler then 3” cold side piping all the way back to the throttle body. I don't have anything set as far as power goals, but anything above 500s should be okay and I'm sure I'll break that with ease with this set-up, possibly touch 600hp. I would like for the car to hit 10.50s if not better for next season

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
D16z6 GE sleeved block that i got from a fellow dso member Wiscmaster i traded my 15" rota wheels for a syncrotech d16y8 trans and this block. The block is currently at 75mm stock bore.

Arias 11cr 76mm piston collecting dust at my buddy's shelf also for dirt cheap

Manley rods from my buddy in Texas. Again, dirt cheap

Speedfactory T4 top mount 44mm wastegate flange

Precision 6262 .58ar T4 about $600 shipped to me

As of now I try to keep myself busy researching about Cr vs. Boost, T3 vs. T4 manifold/housing flow rates and different gear combinations for turbo cars yada yada yada... I currently don't have a lot of pictures, but will update the thread as i go.

You can follow me on snapchat @ jvtec8000k or Instagram @ jvtec8k for instant updates

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
snapped a fucking crank! that's awesome/amazing/crazy

that's some serious power being made

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I have never seen a D crank bust

that journal looks mighty toasty. did a bearing get spun under full boost and rub one out too vigorously for the crank?

lol. new fresh build sounds awesome. 11:1 sounds fantastic.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice setup! show them numbers after tune
Will do

snapped a fucking crank! that's awesome/amazing/crazy

that's some serious power being made
Thanks and it's nothing crazy 400+ whp with baby torque.

As the saying goes, you can never have too much boost. Not enough motor or turbo, but never too much boost.
It's all a part of the game man race it, break it, repeat and if there's anyone who's used to this it would be me. Lol.

I have never seen a D crank bust

that journal looks mighty toasty. did a bearing get spun under full boost and rub one out too vigorously for the crank?

lol. new fresh build sounds awesome. 11:1 sounds fantastic.
All the and journals and bearings looked mint except that one part the broke because i kept driving it around the parking lot. I thought it was my pressure plate that blew out. High comp turbo can only is the new thing nowadays.

Dang Really going all out on this one
Maybe just a little bit

crazy shit,,snapped ..must have made some cute sounds.

How did the vitaras look ?did the skirts crack?
The pistons looked great i gave them away as a souvenir to a fan/follower .

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So i went to the shop today when i saw a set of un-used 3" pipings, and right there then i knew what i needed to do and the plan is to mock up a one piece charge pipe from intercooler to the throttle body. However, since they are plain piping i had to order a tial 50mm adapter flange and weld them all at once.

How i planned on routing the pipes the X mark is where I'll be adding the blow off valve flange.

The Tial 50mm adapter flange

Then picked up a Tial 50mm BOV from a buddy in Milwaukee

I am also planning on adding a shift light "No tachometer" it's simple and less distracting than the full auto-meter with tach.

I still couldn't decide which intercooler to use, but i'll update about that later.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
water to air? dozens of variants that would nearly fit into stock battery location.

Would offer a bump in turbo response as well, considering the boost only has to travel 2 or 3 feet, as apposed to 5+ with a front mount

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have to do my own research and see what i think about water to air. I still do drive the car on the weekends and drive it to track and back.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was there a pilot bearing in that flywheel?
Yes pilot bearing was still in the flywheel it just snapped at the burn out box and that was it for that. I'm lucky it didn't snap at the top end doing 130+mph or it would have been a disaster.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Sick, glad to see you back in it homie.

·
Registered
152 Posts
nice build ! turbos are alot of fun. especially big framed ones like a 6262. when do you think full boost will come in rpm wise ?

stratton.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Where are you getting the injectors from?
I am not quite sure where my buddy gets the injectors. I think he has sponsorship for injectors and has a lot of connections as being one of the fastest Fwd honda in Illinois.

Sick, glad to see you back in it homie.
Thanks Homie! You know me, I don't sit around and do nothing for to long.

nice build ! turbos are alot of fun. especially big framed ones like a 6262. when do you think full boost will come in rpm wise ?

stratton.
Hi Stratton, I expect to hit full boost by 5700-5800 Rpm with the .58ar center housing. I would like to think that it would still carry the power up high being a T4 and overall bigger turbo, but I am experimenting to see if the set-up would work well or not. I plan on doing some more head development and will be re-doing ports, blend the bowls and a valve job. The intake manifold runners will be ported and gasket matched the openings.

Anyway, I've been thinking that unless I'm pushing pass 700-800s that a 3" piping would do nothing but hurt the performance as it would take more energy to move the air compared to the smaller 2.5 inch, which also applies to intercooler sizes. I've used a big 31x13x3" intercooler for the past two seasons and had good luck with it, however I've thought about going to a smaller one for this set-up. My point is that it takes more air to fill the bigger intercooler, therefore going with a smaller one should help with spool-time as the same volume of air will travel at a much lesser time, It's the whole re-circulation idea thing. A lot of us are guilty of this, you know, the what looks good, the want versus the need. So with all that said, i have decided to re-use my 2.5" charge pipes which will be welded as one piece with my tial 50mm bov then more than likely going with 27x12x3 intercooler.

This project is being put together from scratch so expect changes as i go.

:wheelchair:

1 - 20 of 230 Posts