Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just traded a friend of mine a amp and subwoofer for his jdm dual over head cam zc motor it is or was going into a 88 civic sedan anyway i was wondering can i put this motor in my 92 cx hatch and if so what tranny is required or will my tranny work if not i just recieved a 89 crx from another trade it need work but i have time and thats all it takes well that and a shit load of money lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
the ZC will fit in that hatchy you have, i believe the tranny is the same (s20) just make sure if your car is cable, that the tranny is cable, which it should be, or if you got a hydralic, find a hydraulic one.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so that zc will fit in my 92 civic would you use the cx tranny or would you use the dx tranny i was told on hear it was geared better never done no swap on a honda before not sure about wiring and things like that

·
Registered
4 Posts
OKay, I've been having this question too..yeah, I'm a noob here, but I've been around superhonda for a little bit. I just bought an obd0 dohc zc..and i want to put it in my 94 cx hatch..too many people have been telling me different things about which tranny to use, that i can not use the one i got, which ecu to use, and so on and so forth! i just want someone who has done this to guide me along! thanks guys!

·
Registered
293 Posts
any d series tranny will bolt up to the zc ...
92-95 are obd1 and i think they are all hydro trannys
88-91 are obd0 and the trannys are cable

so to put the obd0 zc in an obd1 civic youll need to use your hydro tranny, your motor mounts and then you will have to convert the wiring over.(there are lots of write-ups about converting obds so just search)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts