Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right, I'll be one of the first cars to have on the race car and the 1st to sell them!.

After months of being in the making, Innovative Mounts 88-91 Civic/CRX 3 piece mount sets are now available and orders are being taken.
The mount set is only $199.

You can also add the front mount to go along with the Innovative bar!
The Bundle...
Innovative D series Mounts
Innovative Front Torque Mount
Innovative Crossmember
Innovative Poly Inserts
$595.00

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
for use with a 92-up?? i don't like shimming, but lets see the pics!:beer:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
$200 for mounts? Holy shit:shocked:

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
DUDE. i've been looking for some of these for my girlfriends crx, she needs mounts BAD, and i wanted to upgrade it something polyurethane like innovative mounts but couldnt find them.. and here they are for a fantastic price!

Count me in for a set as soon as me and my gf can gather the funds. Which will be soon!!!

EDIT: Also, torque mount meaning what?

·
11,892 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
Greg, will there be any discount/price advantage if we were to get the crossmember and the mounts only? Or could we mix/match parts like that in the first place?

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will this work for a 91 EF?
yes
DUDE. i've been looking for some of these for my girlfriends crx, she needs mounts BAD, and i wanted to upgrade it something polyurethane like innovative mounts but couldnt find them.. and here they are for a fantastic price!

Count me in for a set as soon as me and my gf can gather the funds. Which will be soon!!!

EDIT: Also, torque mount meaning what?
Torque mount=front mout connecting to the crossmember

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
How much for the mounts plus the torque mount? I know she definitely needs the torque mount.

Also, this comes with the trans mount too right?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Does this fit 92-95 civic? or do you have any for 92-95?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Too bad it took Hasport to make some before anyone else release some(although different chassis; same engine :p ). Good pricing though(still too much for me lol). Also, good to see it's available for the CRX.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Too bad it took Hasport to make some before anyone else release some(although different chassis; same engine :p ). Good pricing though(still too much for me lol). Also, good to see it's available for the CRX.
actually explicitspeed made them first then everyone else jumped on the boat. but since explicitspeed doesnt have the support like hasport or innovative does then they get screwed. but all in all it comes down to quality and price.

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
I'm torn between explicit and innovatives at the moment.. but i want to get the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, Innovative has actually been "working" on these since last September (which is why I was so excited to get the news that they are finally about to ship). I was told then that I'de be one of the first to get a set. It got put on the backburner, then about amonth ago I got a call and was told they were almost ready ad i powdercoat. In the time being Explicit started makig them, then Hasport recently released them, now Innovative seems like they just jumped on but they didn't.
There is also a new chromoly 88-91 Innovative traction bar about to be released as well.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Well, Innovative has actually been "working" on these since last September (which is why I was so excited to get the news that they are finally about to ship). I was told then that I'de be one of the first to get a set. It got put on the backburner, then about amonth ago I got a call and was told they were almost ready ad i powdercoat. In the time being Explicit started makig them, then Hasport recently released them, now Innovative seems like they just jumped on but they didn't.
There is also a new chromoly 88-91 Innovative traction bar about to be released as well.
its just weird how esp comes "out" with mounts a while back. then everyone else all of a sudden appears with d-mounts as well. oh well im not even going to start shit lol. im just happy we finally have different choices. cant wait for the pic's it will decide if i get these over the esp or hasport mounts.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Greg, will there be any discount/price advantage if we were to get the crossmember and the mounts only? Or could we mix/match parts like that in the first place?
I'll definately try my best to get a good combo deal on whatever parts are needed, whatever the mix & match is :TU:

Also, this comes with the trans mount too right?
Yes, it comes w/ the tranny mount.

I'm torn between explicit and innovatives at the moment.. but i want to get the best bang for my buck.
Can't knock explicit at all, I'm sure they make quality pieces as well. Innovative has been tested time and time again and proven to be great as far as fit and quality go.

its just weird how esp comes "out" with mounts a while back. then everyone else all of a sudden appears with d-mounts as well. oh well im not even going to start shit lol. im just happy we finally have different choices. cant wait for the pic's it will decide if i get these over the esp or hasport mounts.
I talked with esp on H-T back when they were looking for test cars to try their mounts on. I had a customer that wanted me to use his to test them (he never came thru w/ the $$) I would have tested them personally but was already expecting my Innovatives then. It was actually about this time last year when we first began talking about them because I remeber me calling like every 2 days while my block was at the machine shop and I prepared to go to Vegas for SEMA. Not that it really matters what was 1st or last, just making it known that these weren't just something that were thought of overnight because others were doing it. Next will be Avid I'm sure. I spoke to them maybe 6 months ago and they were wanting me to send them a set of OE mounts for them to make a set as well.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts