Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, i had a chambered i think pacesetter muffler on there that the previous owner installed and i have been wanting to change it out to something diff. i bought this borla muffler for 40$ brand new from a guy that was going to use it on a race mustang. anyways i put it on my car (92'si hatch) and it was extremely loud not ricey, it had a very deep tone just very very loud. i only have an egay header, no cat, and now the Borla. i was thinking of putting on a cherry bomb or flowtech resonator/glasspack? do you think that will Quiet it done enough?? thanks alot in advance! i will try to post some pics of the muff if i get a chance the inside is not like anything i've seen

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Put something in there for a resonator and you should be good, may have to even go with 2 to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok but do you guys think that by putting on a resonator/glasspack like a cherry bomb or flowtech will quiet down enough??? and how long of one should i put on? sorry no sound clip because i took it back off and put the other muffler back on until i can quiet it down some. i really like the deep tone that the borla made just wish it was a little quieter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of muffler would you suggest? all the canister style mufflers i've seen even the magnaflow ones were basically straight pipes with perforations. the other muffler i have on there now isn't a straight through style, i thnk it's chambered but it is too quiet and doesn't have that deep tone i want, i just want a happy median

1 - 9 of 9 Posts