Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah car has sat for over a year lol, sat since i joined the army and got deployed lol. is that top dead center? im putting an a6 head on and need it for timing purposes lol im more accustomed to v8s and such being an army mechanic and mechanic from a hick town lol

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that visible while the motor is sitting in the engine bay? i know on a v8 you can tell by the num 1 piston being at the top of the sleeve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know the cam gear has to point up, i was wondering about the block, ive got the head off still, so i can go by where the pistons are to tell TDC, so no1 piston has to be down? is that what your saying?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
align the white single TDC mark on the crank pulley (there are 4 marks total, one by itself (the TDC mark) and 3 others for 14/16/18deg of timing) with the point on the timing cover

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
looks at the manual, it will explain it shit load better then what i will tell you... the link to hte manual is above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, got everything hooked up, was running great until my radiator cracked and i didnt know that was the problem, limped it home over heating like hell, middle plug wires melted to the plugs, have a 6 inch crack in my radiator. this really pisses me off.

·
Registered
00ex 02si
101 Posts
well, got everything hooked up, was running great until my radiator cracked and i didnt know that was the problem, limped it home over heating like hell, middle plug wires melted to the plugs, have a 6 inch crack in my radiator. this really pisses me off.
so you pretty much wasted your time changing the head gasket?? i would not have drivin it running hot. well good luck hope you get it up and running again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you pretty much wasted your time changing the head gasket?? i would not have drivin it running hot. well good luck hope you get it up and running again.
i didnt have much choice, i was about 20 miles from home, and out of cell range. i didnt know it was as bad as it was until i got home, thought i just needed to maybe add more coolant. i knew i filled it, and check it again after letting it idle for a little while. i dug out alot of the melted plastic from around the plugs, im going to look into getting a radiator tomorow. i checked everything out, amazingly the head isnt warped (thankfully) i am going to see if i can get plug wires to fit still so i can have a vehicle to drive and not be stranged 5 hours from post with 2 days left of leave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, my head is fucked, i wasnt sure but positive now. im leaking oil from the dizzy side firewall corner. still over heating like hell, i cant fucking win

1 - 18 of 18 Posts