Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this tranny being told that the ISB was bad, and apparantely it sometimes grinded 1st thru 3rd. What will I need to look for? I have the mainshaft and countershaft out and I know the brass pieces are the synchros and they shouldn't be rounded.

Well I guess my question would be what should I look for that can possibly cause a 1st-2nd-3rd gear grind?

I got my helms and have been using it as I go and I'm using some of the stickies posted up here about changing the ISB.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Look at the shift forks for missing chunks or walked out bearings. Any bearings that don't turn smoothly you'll might wanna replace.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts
naked pics of 13-16 year old trannys not loading

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been super busy with exams which are almost done, I'll snap some pics and figure out a way to upload them. I really haven't uploaded any pictures ever.

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157611349473921/

That's a link to a few pictures I took. I'm not sure if you would consider the teeth rounded or if they're fine. I think that they do look fine but I have some doubts.

I'll try and pull out the ISB in a second. Am I overly concerned about this transmission grinding because I don't want to start taking things apart for no reason and screwing it up when I put it back together and I'm not in any rush to have it installed.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping that I can gain some knowledge and have some confidence to do the swap myself as well as a clutch job and hopefully help out my friend with his car later down the line.

If my pictures suck or I took them of the wrong spots just let me know and I'll retake them and do you know if Civic Dx hatches A000 transmissions came with a 3.888 vs the 4.058 FD? I would love to drive my car today and check but we're getting hit with 2 feet of snow right now and its just started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts