Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok plan to do a little d16 na on my DD, i am going to tell you my plan and tell me if some stuff is un-necessary or i should probs get a certain part but by a diffrent company.

d16z6 bottom and head
p29 pistons
p28 ecu chipped (any references on what to chip it with?)
ls tb
ebay headers
y8 intake manifold
ebay cold ait intake with nice filter 2.5"
msd cap and rotor
ebay or aem cam gear

and then i was woundering if i would be needing...
255lph fuel pump
retainers
valve springs
head studs

are those items a good idea to get?

and i dont think i will get my head port/milled/or valve job untill a little way down the road.

also for the manifold would you say y8 or get aftermarket, would rather save money and get something eles by just getting a y8.

thanks and of course i would get it tuned.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I don't think the msd ignition stuff or the fuel pump are necessary.

Also, read my signature.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i figured i would not need the fuel pump unless i was going to boost but just throwing it out to see what others have done

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
You have just about the same thing as I do except I have a stock IM and an A6. MSD isn't needed and stock fuel pump is fine. If your rebuilding it down check your bearings and oil pump. Also stock head bolts shouldn't be reused so just get the ARP studs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok thanks for the advice so far and yeah for exhaust i plan to get 2" with cat-back and for a muffler i want to get a small stock exhaust to keep it quiet casue i got a kid and dont want em to get upset with all the noise lol or is there some 2" muffler out there that you can silence and it will actually work?

with headstuds i was curios so u hand tighten them on the block and put the gasket on and the head and you torque the studs from on top of the head?

also would you recomned throwing a y8 head on top or keeping the the z6 with the z6 bottom.

and does any one got a how-to thread or know any site that shows how to install new pistons?

what do you think about a new fuel rail or ne thing for my fuel set-up, stock or what?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i got an oem muffler from my old 99 ex coupe. how is your thoughts on that?

also with this build would new valves be a good idea? if so oem ones or aftermarket?

also what type of work should i get done to my head, was thinking get it milled at .020, but dont know what eles to get, suggestions. as for the block is it worth it to remove that to get that worked on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i plan to be making some nice power but nothing insane. goal is 160 to the wheels. and iite i will take a check at the valves. in most n/a d16 builds what do people do with valves?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts