Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm a noob. I just bought a 91 RT4WD Wagon. The body is pretty decent as well as the interior. No rips, nothing missing. It has a d16a6, and I got it for a good deal, but it's leaking like a sieve. So I'm thinking I'm gonna pull the engine and replace all of the seals and gaskets, as well as bearings (there's a kit on ebay with all of this for just under $200. Is it worth it to only replace seals, gaskets, and bearings? I just want to daily driver the car and possibly flip it.

Attachments

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Well, If you have the whole thing apart, then Id do it right..

If you plan on flippiing it, then the next honda lover can do what they please with it..

So IDK what to tell you. Looks great tho!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If it is leaking rebuild it and enjoy till you sell it.

·
Registered
91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend says bearings rarely ever go out on these engines and then I would be fine just replacing seals and gaskets. When you say "Well, If you have the whole thing apart, then Id do it right.." what exactly do you mean? Replace pistons? Bearings? Rings? Have head and block resurfaced? What else if any of that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
He meant use OE parts when rebuilding or replacing parts and keep receipts. This will give the next owner reassurance that care was taken when repairing key components. Its most likely going to be an enthusiast that buys it so you'll be likely to get more in return at the time of sale if using quality parts rather than ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts