Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should make you smile a little. A friend of mine has an 04 KIA OPTIMA 4cylinder and in his wqorld it is the fastest thing around. He makes claims that i just had to share; first he removed his air box and MAF sensor and installed a NAPA auto parts cone filter; second he said he installed a sorento header ( they only come in a V6). So now he that he has a 3 cylinder header on his 4 banger and an open filter he said he went to a dyno shop ( he would not give me the name of the place but he said he put down 185hp and 225ft/lb to the wheels:bull::stfu:. That would be a hell of gain on the 140hp and 135ft/lb of the stock one. So should i play along with his stupidity or call him out.

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
play along for maybe a week so he keep coming up with more :bull: then call his dumb ass out on it. hahaha

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
i vote play along, then call him out

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Play along real dumb and than ask to have a look under the hood. tell him you want to see his mechanical excellence. If he says no just tell him you wanna see what real power is like and start pushing and pushing until he either fesses up or cries.

I've come across a few people like that in my time. Some guy tried to tell me his Caprice had a turbo 350 in it. I didn't want to call him out and tell him that is his transmission :D and his car only had a 305.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the worst part is i have seen it and it still has the stock header. but he swears its not the stock one. He told me he didnt want to race be cause his filter was pushing so much air in the it was causeing it to run lean. IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS THIS DUDE IS IN HEAVEN!!:jesus:

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Sounds like somebody needs a rude awakening. I would call him out on everything and point out how stupid and wrong he is. I'm a little bit of an asshole though.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Haha, theres a guy around here like that. He's always claiming to have some new fast car, like once he claimed to have a turbo b20 hatch that ran 13's at 120...o_O...So i called him out and said i was coming to see the car. "Well, i wrecked it the other day" Sure ya did ;), thats why you've got that same old junk car you said you sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts