Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just but my z6 head toghter it got a port job and complete valve job with crower stg2 y8 turbo cam springs and retainers !now for the messed up part i got it tuned at whitfield racing and when he would activate vtec my horse power would drop dramaticly he says the cam is not compatable but the car pulls hard with out vtec !! still got 205 hp 161 q at 9 pounds !should i get a comp cams 59300?? thanks

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
time for the zex 53900 cam way better cam i think for boost with a z6. if you got it tuned with chris then he is right that cam is not for your set-up. chris is the man

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
just but my z6 head toghter it got a port job and complete valve job with crower stg2 y8 turbo cam springs and retainers !now for the messed up part i got it tuned at whitfield racing and when he would activate vtec my horse power would drop dramaticly he says the cam is not compatable but the car pulls hard with out vtec !! still got 205 hp 161 q at 9 pounds !should i get a comp cams 59300?? thanks

We'll have to assume you have the correct cam gear and advanced it to work with the y8 cam in the z6 head? I'm not sure which is the correct thiing but I know you have to have the right pieces to make this work.

Why didn't you just buy the correct cam for the head?

Here try this, http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=41363 or over on TurboD16 there is a thread that might help. In fact TurboD16 linked me to that thread on this site.

Here, http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38795

Now are you really confused?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im tuned with crome pro! i did run the right cam gear i ran the y8 cam gear tuner(cris) said the timeing was good ill try to get the dyno graph up tonite cam specs r ad duration 312/318 duration @.050"234/217 cam lift430/427

·
Registered
20 Posts
just wondering if anybody knows if u can use a vtec-e motor for a mini me swap cause my buddy wanted to do one and i thought that the pistons were bigger than the d15b7

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
your gonna get a rep point buddy!...hooooorrrraaaayyyy for my buddy's @ whitfeild.:TU:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts