Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max psi for the new greddy kit 19t??? i know the 15g is around 14-15. couldnt find anything on the new kit. Any info would be appreciated.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
16-18 lbs of boost nd can support about 290-300 wheel power.

YES buy the kit, it's an awesome product with room to grow in.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rex, no offence, but you jsut proved your so unknowledgeable at all about turbo's
the # has NOTHING to do with efficency range guy. so hush please. k? thanks kid..

the 19 actually stands for the size of the turbine and the t stands for the angel of the fins. but hey you knoew that right?

so does that mean the t3 turbos are cabalbe of running 3psi boost only or 30 psi is their best bet?

try to get a t3 turbo off a volvo 740 to hit 18 lbs of boost and see what happens :p

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i never said efficent range did i? i said it can do 18-19 lbs of boost and can support up to about 300 wheel power.

rex are you goign to try to spend youw while little online time tryigto prove me wrong or are you goign to start askign questions and tr yto learn. see have you ever heard of the student surpassing the teacher? well your more of a student than I am and if I can teach you fine learn. maybe one day you'll surpass me, but spendign your time trying to read maps and posting info that your not really knowing about to try to make me look bad (especially when your wrong) is not good. look, i have no problems passing alongproper info. liking you has nothgin to do with teaching you to do it right. understand where i'm comming from? liking me has nothign to do with learnign from me. there are a lot of guys i can't stand on the web or in real life, but you bet your sweat virgin butt, that if i get a chance to watch over their shoulder to learn something, i'll do it and do it keepign my mouth shut.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
oscarmayer said:
i never said efficent range did i? i said it can do 18-19 lbs of boost and can support up to about 300 wheel power.
I wouldn't recommend that anyone operate a turbo beyond its max efficiency. Just because you can get it to blow more air doesn't mean that you should because as it loses more efficiency, the charge becomes hotter which will lead to detonation and at those boost levels, probably a blown engine.

<insert dribble here...>
Do you realize that you do more complaining than helping? Lets keep this nonsense out of the forums.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
oscarmayer said:

rex are you goign to try to spend youw while little online time tryigto prove me wrong or are you goign to start askign questions and tr yto learn. see have you ever heard of the student surpassing the teacher? well your more of a student than I am and if I can teach you fine learn. maybe one day you'll surpass me, but spendign your time trying to read maps and posting info that your not really knowing about to try to make me look bad (especially when your wrong) is not good. look, i have no problems passing alongproper info. liking you has nothgin to do with teaching you to do it right. understand where i'm comming from? liking me has nothign to do with learnign from me. there are a lot of guys i can't stand on the web or in real life, but you bet your sweat virgin butt, that if i get a chance to watch over their shoulder to learn something, i'll do it and do it keepign my mouth shut.
I know a lot about maps and charts. I went to collage and got my fucking degrees. I don't, however, know about the 19T so I did a little research. That is what I found, I found that you once again was talking out of your ass. Anyone can push their turbo to 19 psi, but the efficiency range is what matters, you and your "experience" should know at least that. I can run circles around you, your experience, and your poor spelling. As I already stated in one of your other wrong comments you are not passing along proper info. I have no idea where you are coming from and nor do you post facts about where you came from. If you are threatening me just come out and say it and I will burry you 6 feet under given the opportunity. When I am wrong I admit it, as I did above, but you are obviously the type of person to kick the individual when they are down, and to stupid to realize it. Another thing you don't realize is that everyone else has something to say about your experance, but again you are to stuped to realize it. I have posted facts and charts, but look what you gave, you fucking opinion and thats it!!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
again, i never mentinoed effeciency ranges. I know all about efficency ranges and pushover ranges of turbos. so why are you tryign to educate me on the subject? I don't know where you got the idea i was not understanding the differences. Yes i know the best ranges for that turbo is a bas of about 16 lbs past that it starts to become a waste. but the real info that WAS passalonged that YOU seemed to have overlooked was the part of "it will support about 300 wheel power" Do you not focus on the import info there or do you try to spend your time trying justify yourself to everyone here? There's no reason for either of the posts you made. the best responce you could have given was a well I was mistaken onthe part #'s but from what I understand.... That would have made you look a lot more intelegant and less like a novice trying to look expirenced. I'm trying to show you what went wrong and why things turn out the way they do. I never attacked you in that posting on the turbo info. but you seem to find it fun to attempt to disprove me and attack me.

I have no problem being wrong on some stuff. but if you call me wrong you better have factual proff instead of opinions when you do so, becasue I work my hardest to offer facts not opinions. If i have an opinion, i'll state that's what it is.

anywho, hoe ya see what i'm tryign to say and not take it as i'm slamming ya because if i were slamming you i'ld have gone off on ya and i'm not doing that here.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that's cool onthe head. didn;t know you were tryign to do it yorself. i respect someone trying that. I have doen several head myself and some older v8 heads. i have enver flowed my heads, but i aos don;t ever fully port a honda head. i usually just port match and smooth out the chambers some to a slight larger and mroe even feel than stock btu that's it.

cams, one thing everyone always says is get more lift. i've seen 2 sides to this arguement. duration on a turbo motor has been proven to be jsut as effective as lift on it. why?well ti allows for more content to enter in the extended given time frame and thus more for the piston to compress. much like more lift would. i've not build one myself but i've delt with 2 different cars made that way. so maybe a expirment? maybe not? i'ld be curious to see how well it would fair in your project. the main advantae ic an see is you would not have to have a 1000rpm motor to gain the top hp numbers and you would not have to have monster valve springs eitehr thus saving your seats and rockers from prematre wear and tear due to pressure. also it may be better suited for the street instead of track because i would imagein it woul dmake for a much nicer transaction in and out of boosting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts