Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of no boost, my tax return was the straw that broke the boost addicts back.

Got shit planned, firstly:
d15b7
hf mani w/ ewg
evo8 16g
decapped wrx injectors
p28 on crome
2.5 in exh
z6 im 70mm tb

Shooting for 175 at 7 psi

Then upgrade:
a6 with ls/vitara
z6 head
y7 282 and y7 rockers
255hp fuel pump
3.5 in exhaust
p06 with Neptune

Shooting for 300+ with whatever it takes.

What do you think?

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
It will cost you just as much to have the HF manifold milled and buy and adapter flange as it would cost to buy a cast mani with a WG plange on it. Even if you get the machine work free, I still don't feel it's worth it. Get a cast manifold and call it a day! HF mani's were good back in the day, but pretty pointless nowadays. There's too many cheap alternatives.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Thats what Im thinking too.

If you happen upon an HF manifold for next to nothing and you happen upon a good IWG turbo for next to nothing, then yah, if get the adapter and rock it. But with how cheap and effective a drag manifold is I dont see it as being cost effective.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got the manifold already modified for cheap. I had the adapter forever and I got the evo turbo for cheap. I'm about 120 in for the mani and turbo and everything. If I have to switch to a tubular twin scroll mani later I will but I imagine that such a thing would take my ENTIRE budget.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
don't blow the budget on batteries! jk ;)

post up the pics!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you know how much the "decapped wrx injectors" flow? cc/min? If you haven't got the injectors already you may be able to use the stockers for 175whp.

Also are you planning on running an intercooler? You will have to have one for the vitara setup. 7psi is pretty much the highest you can go without intercooling.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Do you know how much the "decapped wrx injectors" flow? cc/min? If you haven't got the injectors already you may be able to use the stockers for 175whp.

Also are you planning on running an intercooler? You will have to have one for the vitara setup. 7psi is pretty much the highest you can go without intercooling.
You dont have to have an IC...

Water injection, duh.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Whats up with the shitty manifold. and 3.5 exhuast?????? LOL good luck going anywhere with 3.5. you do not need 3.5 at all. 3inch is PLENTTTYYYY man!

and going from p28 to po6...lol wtf is the point in this? im pretty sure the p28 can be used as non vtec also...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

WRX injectors flow 8xx cc/min decapped. I'm definately going to try stock injectors now that you point that out all-motor guys use them at that power level.

With the adaptor the intake faces the passenger side, so I was going to use an intercooler like this with 90* on both to make it back door.
CXRacing Intercooler 23"x11"x3" Supra Mustang Plate - eBay (item 390240769764 end time Feb-13-11 18:02:35 PST)

I already have a bunch of 3.5 in manderel bends in the garage, so that's where that was coming from, IDK if 2.5 will make 300whp with this set-up. I went from p28 to p06 because it cost less to buy and chip a p06 then it does for me to sell my chiped p28 since I don't have any vtec.

turbo is still in the mail, trying to buy a d15 and a wastegate from a local tonight. Then I need to get a new wbo2 sensor, oil feed and restrictor, add datalogging to my ecu, mcgyver the drain and see how much I have to spend on my intercooler and downpipe.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
those allen heads are going to get lock washers and locktight... right? god i hope so. but even then, i would take that shit apart every 3-6 months and replace everything with new. corrosion can eat anything.. just a warning.

you put to "critique" your set-up, but when someone did, you bit their head off. dont bite the hand that feeds you, your not a dog.

btw: nice vodka on your bed.. drunk :tt2:

edit: does this all clear???

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't mean to bite off anyone's head, I'm just always drunk/stoned when I"M on here and things don't always come out how I mean them. I appreciate everyone's comments and i"VE Repped everyone who posted.

Thats a good idea to replace everything often, wouldn't want the wg to fall off mid-pull.

I haven't the slightest idea if ti willl all fit, the turbo is going to sit very far forward, no way i'm keeping a full core, i have a hafl core already or I might try to swap in a VW radiator very far forward.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats very cool. Im impressed with how well that worked out.
Thanks bro, I've had the idea in my mind for a while for this exact set-up, I hope things work out pretty slick. I wnat something that fits very well and is quite simple.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ok, it should fit. that flange makes it so you can only mount the turbo one way. def going to need to be rid of the full size. one bad mount and you will have one nice hole in your rad. :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts