Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the blower off last night to see how the rotors looked and found that basicly all the teflon coating was off the roters. I have read that the SC will still boost but it means that the SC was getting way to hot. And that it might need to be rebuilt soon. The nose cone isnt leaking any oil there is a miner miner click in the gearing when i spin the rotor. But im not sure if the bearing on the other side of the rotor is any good any more. I have done alot of searching and there isnt any real clear cut answer for if its good or bad that the teflon coating is off. So let me know what you think. Thanks

Link to the video of the SC
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3742534155860443865&hl=en

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
as far as i know the coating just helps tighten up tolerances some. it should still boost as long as it has no mechanical problems, besides the JRSC is really a low boost blower any way, teflon or no teflon you wouldn't gain much power from one any way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read on 1 post that a guy was running one at 11psi and over its life, it lost its coating and hes boosting at 10psi now. So I would think its ok.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yeah, i would get it rebuilt. its not that much to get one done, if you can find a place to do it at. the s/c on my truck cost close to $150 to rebuild, and its s/c is bigger then that one.

Boosted91: when compared to a turbo set-up, of course they don't make that much power. but compared to stock, the power is noticable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some local shop that rebuilds superchargers, here is St louis. But is it really worth having it done if I might only gain 1 psi with it being rebuilt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd rebuild it unless it costs to much if so sell it and recoup some of your money . Wow surprised no one on h-t replied!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya no kidding I was thinking thats where i would get the most response from. Oh well! I'm waiting from the local rebuild company to call me back with a price. So ya if it doesnt cost that much to rebuild than I will be doing it but if not i will be putting the SC on anyways.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
umm the rebuild also makes the seal better. a bad seal could make the rotors shift and scratch the case. dumping metal into your engine. is something lightnings go through with the eaton s/c.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
umm the rebuild also makes the seal better. a bad seal could make the rotors shift and scratch the case. dumping metal into your engine. is something lightnings go through with the eaton s/c.
if ya had a KB or whipple you wouldnt have that problem ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well This is the price quote that they emailed me.

Complete Rebuild Service
(Economical Choice)
Detailed description

Eaton M90 Ford Thunderbird SC
Eaton M62
Eaton M45
Eaton M45JR Jackson Racing

Including, but not limited to OEM vehicle applications suchas Ford Thunderbird SC, Honda VTECH, Harley Davidson Motorcycles and more. Visit our Eaton Supercharger Vehicle Application Guide to identify your supercharger.

Snout front seal replaced.
Snout front seal retaining ring replaced. (Premium Rotor Clip used instead of OEM wire retaining ring)
Snout front bearing replaced.
Snout back bearing replaced.
Supercharger Oil refilled or a bottle of oil sent back with the provided rebuilt snout.
Universal replaced. (ESM high-quality Nylon solid universal used instead of OEM spring universal)
Rotor rear needle roller bearings replaced.

ADD-ON Options:
Case Coating Service Details Case Coating is an additional $100.00 charge.

Rotor Coating Service Details Rotor Coating is an additional $100.00 charge. If your rotors have some coating on them currently, they will need to be stripped and cleaned before being coated.

Rotor Stripping Service Details Rotor Stripping is an additional $50.00 charge.

$250.00 TBD HSL0168

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I read on 1 post that a guy was running one at 11psi and over its life, it lost its coating and hes boosting at 10psi now. So I would think its ok.
Really? how did he manage that? arent JRSCs on built for 8psi stock?

but anyways...

no harm in getting it rebuilt. do what you need to do to have you car & its parts in full working order. dont half-ass it because then you'll be spending more that the (estimated)
$150 to fix what ever that thing tears up.

·
Registered
98 Lx sedan
301 Posts
That description didn't list the actual rotor bearings or seals being replaced. I don't think it's going to help without them from the damage you've described.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha I found this on their website. This is probly what I will have to pay for!

Complete Rebuild Service with Rotor Assembly Rebuild Service
Detailed description

Eaton M90 Ford Thunderbird SC
Eaton M62
Eaton M45
Eaton M45JR Jackson Racing

Visit our Eaton Supercharger Vehicle Application Guide to identify your supercharger.

Snout front seal replaced.
Snout front seal retaining ring replaced. (Premium Rotor Clip used instead of OEM wire retaining ring)
Snout front bearing replaced.
Snout back bearing replaced.
Supercharger Oil refilled or a bottle of oil sent back with the provided rebuilt snout.
Universal replaced. (ESM high-quality Nylon solid universal used instead of OEM spring universal)
Rotor rear needle roller bearings replaced.
Rotor assembly seals replaced (Viton double-lip spring seals)
Rotor assembly bearings replaced (SFK Bearings)

ADD-ON Options:

Rotor Coating Service Details Rotor Coating is an additional $100.00 charge. If your rotors have some coating on them currently, they will need to be stripped and cleaned before being coated.

Rotor Stripping Service Details Rotor Stripping is an additional $50.00 charge.

Case Coating Service Details Case Coating is an additional $100.00 charge.

$400.00 TBD HSL0169

·
Registered
362 Posts
i would still get it done. wouldn't you feel better driving the car and not having to worry that your blower could possibly go at any moment? just my .02

1 - 20 of 86 Posts