Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently purchased a 97' Honda Civic Ex with a D16A DOHC ZC, The car needs a new clutch but I can't seem to identify the amount of splines it has, and I do not want to have to remove the gearbox just to identify the clutch, I want to change the clutch the same day I remove the box to save myself the extra work. I've tried researching on the engine but i notices they have different versions and they told me once my gearbox is a 89+ box it can use almost any Honda clutch. I've looked at the box and the only information I could find is "S20" Can anyone help me find the exact year and box this is? I included pictures. Could anyone tell the the exact engine with the generation of ZC?

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Only the 88 cable transmission had the different spline count. As yours is a hydraulic trans you'll be fine with the more common spline count. I believe S20 is 96-00.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just found out that the engine needs to be rebuilt so I'm going to start tearing it down tomorrow and rebuild everything, top and bottom. I should find the date stamp then

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone knows where I could find a whole engine rebuild kit for a good price that could fit this engine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts