Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

so this is where im at so far... bought a "pro built" motor locally from some squid billy i know. put it in my car and it sounded like its got rocks in it SWEET!!! so i take it apart and it turns out that this farquad took the pistons and rods out of the block and put them back in backwards WTF!!! all the while running pretty much the greddy kit on neptune. needless to say the srp pistons are now some pretty sweet ash trays (set of 4), the block is my future coffee table and the eagle rods... well they are still good woot so not a total loss. anyway you know what they say if you want it done right blah blah blah. so this is what ive got so far
vitara pistons
eagle h-beams
arp's everywhere
acl bearings
shimmed oil pump
moroso 2.5qt over pan
70mm throttle body
dsm 450s
xenocron 255
neptune rtp on p28
wrx turbo
tial wastegate
greddy type-rs bov
greddy intercooler

old setup blown motor on the way out

really on the way out

junks on the floor

sorry i have no pics of the motor build, i wasnt plannin on makin a thread but i can tell you notching the block was a bitch and my pistons point towards the flywheel with that said here's finished product

im not too far from the finish line at this point. right now im waiting on some flanges to come in from the laser cutter so i can build my manifold and downpipe, throw everything between the rails and tune it. ill post some more pics next time something happens until then here it sits

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good set up. You should take pics of the blown parts for shits and giggles haha. Car and build look real good man, keep it up. :td:

·
Registered
294 Posts
You Should put a better turbo and manifold, bigger injectors up the boost and you will see some serious power.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the plan is to tune it for 20lbs, im thinkin the turbo is gonna spool pretty quick. i dont see why it shouldnt be in the neighborhood of 250-275hp. and as far as BIGGER is better, with the manifold im building and the wrx turbo i can run any vf series turbo up to a gt35 (thats big!) so there is plenty of room to grow but thanks for the concern. i see some traction problems in the future

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha its funny you mention that. its the moroso wet sump 2.5 qt over capacity pan, baffled and all that goodness. but they dont bolt it to a jig when they weld it or something cuz it was wicked warped when i got it. it bolted up but i couldnt get it to stop a slow leak, so i got my machine shop to plane it. it comes with a ridiculously thick flange like it was supposed to be milled from moroso but i guess they just plum forgot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
heres some piscs of what happens when you buy a motor from some Fry from Futureama lookin mother fucker

who needless to say is as smart as he looks and this is what happened when he put my pistons inbackwards.

notice how much of the compression ringis missing

OH i think i found where it went... can you say ting ta tingtingting

heres some of the block

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
that has absolutely NOTHING to do with pistons being installed backwards

those fuckers are MELTED!! your tune was complete shit
wow kinda harsh man
i agree they are melted BUT my hypothesis on that one is not tuning, cuz it was set soooo safe. im sure it was from the backwards pistons, because they were only burnt on the "intake sides of the pistons" (relative to the motor not the pistons due to backwardsness). i think the exh relief bent the intake valves and burnt em up. i can post my old .ncl later so you can see it for your self. plus they werent low comp pistons they were srp nitrus stock compression pistons so contact would be inevitable ANYWAY yes i wish i took the head off and noticed that one before i turned the key... that was a bad day

oh i think i forgot to mention the rings were clocked in ALL the wrong locations, if im not mistaken one pistons were stacked open on top of open and anothers were pointed in front and in back of the piston in the main friction area umm not rocket science

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got a little more done today. im just getting started on the log mani... the flanges are in the mail and should be here tomorrow. more pics soon

these suck to make!!!! but they fit so nice now

see

1 - 20 of 85 Posts