Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
too vague of a question. figure out what your goals are for your car first and whether you want a supercharged, turbo, nitrous, or n/a car. then start asking questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking putting in a small turbo so there will be less lag and a light weight flywheel.. anything else to improve response?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if you go turbo then you don't need to get a new flywheel... t25 or a 14b will give you great response; but boost is liek crack, and it won't be enough power after about 6 months (if that, lol)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I was thinking putting in a small turbo so there will be less lag and a light weight flywheel.. anything else to improve response?

of course you'll want to open the exhaust up as well. after the turbo, the main thing will be tuning to get the most of your setup. any idea how much boost you wanna run. do you plan on building the motor to handle a lot of boost?

·
Registered
424 Posts
A stock D-series motor (any with MPFI) will handle a small turbo set up. You can run a low boost(10psi or less) up to about 200HP with no problems. That is IF you have it tuned right. I would suggest a chipped ECU and have it tuned on a dyno. My stock DOHC ZC made 160HP with a T-25 and an HF manifold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah boost is like crack.. I had an experiance with one.. just want it to keep on pulling harder ahaha. But my goal right now is to have great response so I want the turbo to spool much quicker

I hear that dual wastegates will make it spool quicker? if thats tru then would it be ok if I get a bigger turbo?

oh yeah 2 more things im going to do this in Philippines so i wouldn't care about smog and im going to do most of the stuff with me and some friends

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was planning to go with low boost like 5-8 pounds but if the dual wastegate thing is tru think I can boost more w/o a lot of lag?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts