Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock d15 with busted bearings... was told for time, effort and cost sake, just to swap.. I have a3rd gen zc engine lined up to purchase this week...

Ive done my research but none really asked this question specifically.

Can a dohc zc swap "basically" swap in to my hf and work fine with the stock trans?
Im just on a limited budget and want to get my car back on the road. I know ideally I should mate it with proper trans and probably swap axels and all that what not...

So to simplify.

Can I put the dohc zc in and mate it to my trans with minimal wiring changes. I will have ecu to go with it and headers, throttle body and such. And have a drivable car for the time being, while I source trans, axels and whatever else...?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I know from my research it says any d series engine will mate to a d series trans but I didn't know if there was any difference in usdm vs jdm.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
cheddar's makes a nice D series intkae flange adapter, great opportunity to put a d16z6 or d16y8 intake on the dohc for a big improvement everywhere on the rev range.

Im sure you have seen a D series header bolts up. Just need to hog the header's ports on the flange a bit to get some flow back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.