Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to start a new vitara/eagle (fj) build within the next couple weeks. and really i just want to make a list of plans and get your opinions on them,

75.5mm bore for the block still not sure the ptw i wanna run with

bisi 2.4 cam

trying to decide on valve train kit,

aem cam gear, fuel rail, fpr, and if i can afford it water/meth kit

homemade miniram

homemade pedals ( already made them )

homemade tow hooks

turbonetics t3/t4

greddy rs bov

skunk 2 intake

godspeed intercooler 4x12x24

deck the head (havent decided how much)

homemade catch can

full 3 in exhaust

ok so thats my basic list. now opinions please. especially on the stuff i havent made up my mind on. :) thanks guys.

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cnc laser but pretty close guess. thats what i do for a living. im a draftsman for a machine shop and just draw up parts for the laser, plasma and turret. i make alot of fun parts there. lol

·
Well.......
2,472 Posts
hp goals?
head studs?
bearings?
injectors?
clutch?
tune?

a .0035 p2w shoud be fine maybe .004(migh be pushing it, depend on your hp goals)

with a bisi 2.4 it is highly recommended that you run some better springs, i.e.- supertech, bisi, etc. (get springs so you can rev it to 8k without anyworries, just my .02)
stock retainers will work to a certain rpm(i dont remember) but get some ti retainers and youll be fine...

IMHO stock valves will work just clean up the ports or a p&p

regardless of your hp goal your gonna need injectors...

now depending on your hp goals 440 dsm will do to 250-300(correct me if im wrong someone) read the 2ed post in this thread to help you with the injector selection http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/101532-fuel-injector-limitations.html

have you upgraded your fuel pump? if not walbro 255lph is perfect on pump gas ittle run you roughly 100 bucks

hope this helps.....

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o yea i guess i forgot to put in all the other info. haha. my car is already turbo'd so i have most of the parts i need. i'm just going for more hp and quicker 1/4 mile times. i want a new clutch. not sure which one i want yet. i already have a walboro 255, i have 550 injectors but i might go bigger, i was thinking supertech valvetrain. i have moates demon that ill tune with chrome. if there is any suggestions on really good tuners near indiana let me know.

·
Registered
08 ZX10
24 Posts
GL with the build man... Def make a build thread and I will be the first to subscribe! This build sounds alot like what I want to do!

BTW I just moved from Lafayette about a year ago!! I used to work with luke, dan, anthony and frito up at the quick lube for like 6 mos or so... Anyway... Good luck man

*** Post up pics of your turbo mani if you haven't already... I'm interested in seeing homemade shit!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.