Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw a few questions out there to see what you guys would think, right now I have a stock y8 on an ebay kit with just headstuds, running 10 lbs with stock head, would it be worth it to throw a cam, springs, and retainers in there and if so what would you guys recommend, just trying to get a few more ponies out of the setup without turning up the boost since it's a DD....if so what other things would you guys recommend?

My other question would be what oil do you recommend I use since the cold weather is coming (New Jersey) for my setup, appreciate all of the advice....

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
is it tuned?
and oil i would use a syntec 5w30. thats what i run in the winter in iowa and it gets cold as shit there

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's understandable, Vitara pistons, eagle rods, etc. etc. but I'm just trying to make a little more power with the current setup I have....

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
omg man are you that slow that what i tell you goes in one ear and out the other?
i already told you that you need to tune your car.

btw what did the shop tell you about your "oil pan gasket"?

stop wasting our time with stupid questions! that i already answered for you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't a stupid question at all, how is "what oil do you recommend in the winter" a stupid question, I'm just trying to see if any head work would be beneficial....

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yo i went over all this with you b4 you left with the car.....

and you have like 4 other threads asking the same shit bout the head

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
It seems you have a misconception of boost and HP boost is arbitrary its hp that you need to think of and its hp that breaks things not boost per say. Different turbo's flow different cfm which in turn will make different amounts of power at the same levels so if you want more power then turn up the boost all the cam is gonna do is shift your power band and make it easier to make more power as with head work.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
It seems you have a misconception of boost and HP boost is arbitrary its hp that you need to think of and its hp that breaks things not boost per say. Different turbo's flow different cfm which in turn will make different amounts of power at the same levels so if you want more power then turn up the boost all the cam is gonna do is shift your power band and make it easier to make more power as with head work.
ive explained this to him when i did his swap but he dose not listen, just asks the same question over and over!

:trysearch: to op

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts