Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys so far love the forum!! I know Im going to get BS from this but did a lil research to find the best on ebay lol "best"..But its going on a 93 del sol n looking to run 160-180whp n staying at 6psi its a stock motor n comp.I have a fuel pres. reg n gauge on the fuel filter.How long u think the motor will last at 6psi n no hard core tuning.The motor has all new gaskets.The turbo comes with a cas. manifold with life time warrenty, t3 t4. If it helps ill add a link to it,it cost me $1,054.00.I have a freind who has done a few turbo jobs n he will be helping me.Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should i jus buy a chip n tell them what i have n put it in myself will this work n thanks for the fast replys

·
Registered
150 Posts
no buy a pre chipped ecu, i'm sure someone on here can sell you one, then go to your local tuner and have him tune the ecu with chrome. Or if you have the money buy a hondata unit from the tuner.

·
Registered
362 Posts
no offense but if you don't know too much about turbos you should have waited till you "knew" enough to be buying stuff.

·
Registered
464 Posts
aside from all the "help" in the last few replies...

A T3/T4 on 6 psi is equivelant to about 10psi on a 14b....

here's an example,:
when i had my 14b on my crx.. i could run 22-25 psi (i know it's not efficient after 16psi but whatever) and my injectors were fine.

Then i upgraded to a 48/60 and maxed my injectors out at 14psi...

i dropped a full second in the 1/4 with the 48/60 on 14psi, as compared to the 14b on 22psi

so, like i said origionally 6 psi on a t3/t4 is gonna flow more air than what you think... u may wanna reconsider getting that big of a turbo, or just make sure u get a smaller sprung wastegate.

hope this helps
Dr. Mike

·
Trade Me Your Car Please ...I Am The Master Of Fli
600 Posts
im a newb tryin to get ahold of a turbo to so that info is helpful to me 2. i have a jdm D15B and have plans on turbo but im gonna start over because i dont want to do anything but maybe change the injectors and fuel rail plus the intake manifold then turbo it. wondering what turbo to use not to blow the thing up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts