Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yet another goal that needed to be reached and maybe it is time i make another thread for future updates and changes. Posting on the quest to 10s thread is kind of pointless since the car has already been running 10s plus i do not want to sound like a broken record. So long story short, here I am again with another thread and will try to contribute to this community as i go through this journey. We all have something new to learn everyday, and it is very important to have goals :bandito:

So here's the plan on the next build and most of the changes will be D2b and turbo set-up etc...

D16z6 block CSS 75.5mm or maybe 76mm 10.5:1 cp or wiseco eagle kit
D16z6 Head Stg-5 Rocket motorsports billet cam
"Re-doing the ports" blend the bowls a little better
Supertech valve springs
Stock retainers/keepers
Stock valves
ID2000 Walbro 450
Inline fuel tuck kit
Ethanol/E85
Twin scroll front face manifold
Possibly switching to holset Hx35 or Borg S366
Dual 44mm tial wg
3" intercooler "still undecided which size"
3" pipings v-bands
Ported edelbrock intake manifold with shortened runners
70mm throttle body
Plateless Gsr trans
Oe flywheel
Hasports mounts 94a
Comp stage 5 clutch
24.5x9x13 M/t slicks

A lot of other things are still up in the air as the season isn't quite over yet, so i will update this thread as i go. Here's a few pictures and videos of the car this season.

I've recently acquired this brand new 6262 .82 potato although i might end up trading for something else. You'll find out more about that later

The fastest the car has been

Here are some videos

2015 season has been quite a journey and helped equipped me with more knowledge than what I've already known last year. I would like to thank everyone who's supported and followed my build, colleagues and mentors who've helped me with technical data's etc.. Feel free to follow me on youtube, facebook or instagram.

Youtube: jun19020987
Insta: jvtec8k
Facebook: chillin racing

Will update again later..
Cheers!

Jun

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
So good, keep it up J.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great looking set up. A 6262 is an amazing turbo, but so are the 6266s etc etc.

Great looking car and set up.

Why are you 'redoing' the ports on thr rocketmotorsports head ?

Stratton.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you, Sir. And yeah I will be gasket matching the ports and blend the bowls a little more then clean up the carbon deposits specially the exhaust side. And yes I am running a rocket cam.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Some updates on todays agenda.

Went to get some ethanol at another city

Suspension check

Ignition timing check

Loading up for the track

New tire pressure gauge from harbor freight "shitty gauge"

Some nasty clutch slippage on 2nd gear with the 24.5x9 slicks. Here's the time slip on the first pass

Then borrowed my friends fresh 23x8 M/H slicks and cut 1.5 60ft right off the bat.

Started slamming gears "yolo passes" finnaly cut 6sec on the 1/8 mile

Unfortunately I killed the 3rd gear on the last pass trying to power shift the gears. Here's a video from today and i only got to record one or two footage and forgot the in-car videos, i know it sucks.. This might be the last runs on this set-up unless i open and fix the trans...

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More passes from last night

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think us northerners have an unfair advantage: self-lightening chassis (in the form of rust)...

I'm glad to see you're using Speedway gas, that's what Scott uses & what I'll be using.
Rust, right. Still to negative of a thing to serve as positive :ph34r: I've had no issues with their gas so far.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Solid work, fyi cvcc trans might be the best route now that I think about it. Factory cuff ftw!!!
I could do that too, just don't want to mess with old parts that's hard to find parts for. I'm going to the track tomorrow and watch the races, maybe help his Scott dial his car. I want to drive it :)

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
What would you try to turn that 6262 into that would work better for a D series? Just curious. I made well over 500whp on 23psi iirc with that turbo, hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What would you try to turn that 6262 into that would work better for a D series? Just curious. I made well over 500whp on 23psi iirc with that turbo, hard to beat.
I thought about it too, but at the same time I want a front face. :) :fingersx:

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My 6262 was front face all day errr day. You can have the old farmyard front facer if you want it.

Just needs a trip to the ceramic coater. Never gonna crack, mild ftw.

I won't take down that deal let's make it happen. How'd you do the intercooler settings on it? Looks like I'll be able to re-use my turbonetics wastegate with it.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a quote for shipping once to somewhere in the states, IIRC it was like $75. Kinda gay.
Not bad. I'll pm you right now

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Curious about the shorter runner Edelbrock IM. Have you done this already or another project? Basically are you cutting out a section from each runner? If so, what length...if you have thought that far ahead.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So i started with the teardown and parted out most of my turbo kit. It looks like I'll be continuing Danz front facing manifold and 62mm set-up saga. I need to get that manifold shipped here first thing firsts, and pair it with my precision 6262 .82ar then maybe have the downpipe and wastegate dump situated.

I'm going to miss this setup so much.. So much win with it this year..

A good friends makes some decals so i designed my own fonts and sent it to him. A good hour later and i got my stickers. Like a boss!

A very important decal to have "Netflix and Chill"

Then was talking to Darin of Farmyard last night he's excited that I'll be rocking a farmyard built part in my car. So i made a sticker to make that official

The turbo kind of bored sitting around in the box.

I'm trying to find the biggest velocity stacks i can find for the 6262 since it will be sitting out front.. The biggest i found on ebay is 4" inlet 7" out

Somthing like this would be nice

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Curious about the shorter runner Edelbrock IM. Have you done this already or another project? Basically are you cutting out a section from each runner? If so, what length...if you have thought that far ahead.
Yeah I will be cutting and port the plenum then shorten the runners by about 1" to transfer the powerband up high + it will give me more space from the firewall. It should look similar to this when it's all is said and done.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts