Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an issue with my gears- 2nd gear jumps out into neutral when I rev really hard & 'pulse' the throttle- this does not happen always though. Also if I really shift hard and slam 2nd in- problem does not occur. I dont have this issue on any other gear. My car's a 99 JDM Ek3 with an EG8 gear wheel swap. Even though my clutch is new- I did not change the pressure plate which needs changing big time. Can this problem have something to do with that?
Any advice guys?

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
mine did this too.....sob :(

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
countershaft clutch side case bearing, walked out of the case, shifting the countershaft and not allowing full engagement of second gear.

Also check the weak upper motor mount......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies Guys.. Bone how do I repair this thing. And what parts would I need? Am I damaging anything by running without getting it done? Also the last time I checked the timing belt side & Airfilter side mounts they were ok. Will check again though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Normally, just split the case, tap the bearing into place, then stake it with a center punch.......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree! Kookk this probelm seems to be common. Seems that this has happened due to a mistake when rebuilding the gear box. I dont think any factory boxes would have this issue.

Thanks Bone-your de man!! Rep for you! I'll fix it when I change the pressure plate. Man it looks so simple in your pics. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts