Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a really old thread butim having a problem finding the correct jumper harness for my set up. I have a 99 civic ex with stock chassis harness with a 98 y8 and harness that came with the motor and trans combo. When i plug the harness into the obd2a p2p i can only plug in either the chassis plug or the larger grey engine harness plug but not both.
Now i have a p28 ecu which i know is obd1. Ive tried an obd2a to obd1 jumper. So do i get a 0bd2b to obd1 or a obd2a to obd1 and change a plug?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,951 Posts
so you need either an obd2b ecu, or an obd2b harness....

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
you need an OBD2B engine harness and a conversion harness for OBD2B to OBD1. TWO pieces of the puzzle needed.

99-00 civics had a few things moved around compared to 96-98.

You can also opt to find a bare set of OBD1 ecu plugs, and repin your current harness to OBD1 so you can directly plug an OBD1 ecu to it.

·
3,951 Posts
hes got a p2p, so he could just get a 2b to 2a harness and save himself a bit of time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need an OBD2B engine harness and a conversion harness for OBD2B to OBD1. TWO pieces of the puzzle needed.

99-00 civics had a few things moved around compared to 96-98.

You can also opt to find a bare set of OBD1 ecu plugs, and repin your current harness to OBD1 so you can directly plug an OBD1 ecu to it.
How would i go about olugging dorextly into the obd1

·
Registered
825 Posts
like the boys said
he needs a 99-00 engine harness with obd2b to obd1 adapter.

or get hung up on doing unneeded work .

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Obd2b harness is going to have the sane problem

Explain to me how he would have a problem if he got the CORRECT harness to use

·
3,951 Posts
because he has an 2a ecu and is using a 2b harness lol. he would either need a jumper, or a 2b ecu

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
good fucking god, I blew right over that.

I'll go put my turd hat on and sit in teh corner lol

BTW OP, look up how to depin the ecu harness, and just stick the obd1 ecu in directly. You will need OBD1 ecu plugs FIRST though. You will have extra wires due to the secondary O2 sensor

·
3,951 Posts
still <3 you ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So im at the junk yard now and the one 97 im looking at has 4 plugs right off the motor harness all plug right into my jumper harness. No plugs coming off the chassis its self. I look at my 99 and the 99 in the junkyard theres only 3 plugs. The 3 plugs off of my engine harness all plug into my harness as well. But with my 99 body theres 1 plug left and my fuel pump doesnt kick on and its a brand new pump nitnsure what else to check from there or what to do

·
3,951 Posts
post pic of all these plugs youre talking about and what they plug into

·
Registered
825 Posts
nitnsure what else to check from there or what to do
decide what you are doing.
obd1 or 2?
if you are serious there are wiring diagrams online .
look at 92-95 obd1 96-98 obd2a and 99-00obd2b civic engine body chassis to see what each wire pinout does .
hint, same wire color/use stays similar between the models.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
99-00 civics had the secondary O2 and some other stuff in that 4th plug, and it was chassis sourced. 96-98 civics had all the plugs from the engine bay harness.

considering the main relay is on the right side of the upper dash, open the door, pop that panel off, and test for votlage with key on and off at various points.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts