Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Black Dynamite
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any upgrades like in pulleys to the JRSC also any pre tunning and setup to get the motor prepared for it? I'm looking to purchase one this fall with my bonus I'm gonna increase comp to 10:0:1 if i can and try to run 10lbs I wanna get close to 200whp as i can don't need super high performance just a nippy little DD i got the cam and camgear for high end also do the super chargers Tb interchangable?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Your signature is too big.

But anyways, back to your question.

Yes there are pulleys out there. I'm sure you could even get someone to custome make you one, but the smaller the pulley the more that you will need to prep the supercharger and engine. You will more then likely need to get the endyn job on the jrsc, and do rods and pistons with some form of fuel management.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
if your wanting closer to 200 whp id go with a homemade kit....
alot of the numbers i see are between 150-180 with the jrsc... mrnicolas had one and tossed it for a greddy kit... he has no regrets from what hes told me

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
if your wanting closer to 200 whp id go with a homemade kit....
alot of the numbers i see are between 150-180 with the jrsc... mrnicolas had one and tossed it for a greddy kit... he has no regrets from what hes told me
I did the same thing, much happier with the greddy kit

S

·
0 Posts
Turbo gives you better bang for your buck then a S/C, its all in what you like i guess. Im sure you can buy smaller pulleys for that JRSC to make more boost. If your shooting for 200whp it wouldnt hurt to also upgrade your fuel system. Just my $.02

·
Black Dynamite
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh don't want that kinda of boost not really gonna race it as much so no real reason for turbo high hp thing sc are instantaneous boost and i got a stage 2 cam gear to make more power on the high end (less assembly with a sc is what is really swaying me and no fitment issue either if i have to settle hi hp # for zippy low end get around towness oh well

·
Registered
79 Posts
200 hp is kinda tough to get to with a jr sc on a d series. But I think its possible. I'm running a jr with a bigger crank pully and boosting 8 to 9 lbs. You are going to need to upgrade the fuel pump and the injectors. Also get some head studs so the head doesn't lift. I'm not sure if you go that high of compression, as you plan, if its going to be safe. And don't put nitrous through the sc, its bad for the sc.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you are going to go with more boost get a bigger crank pulley as smaller blower pulleys will give you some belt slip. Also you will get more help on this at honda tech there is a 150+ post there on JRSCs. here you will hardly ever get a good answer on a JRSC but you will get 20 answers telling you to go turbo. Turbos are not for everyone. SCs are good for DDs and I have never had a problem with mine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Im sorta in your position, but now I just started autocrossing. For a DD you cant beat the little maintenance and simplicity of a supercharger. And if you dont really plan to race than perhapes you could use lower boost IMHO.

To answer your questions, they do make pulley upgrades, endyne.com sell some. You have two options smaller blower pulley which you most often hear of,or bigger crank pulley.

It will use your same throttle body, only difference for mine was it relocated the cable, so in theory you should be able to upgrade tb. I know some have and I havent heard of any problems

I just purchased a 3 inch sort ram intake. Bigger and shorter is the consenses onwhat works best for the sc. If your looking for a factory look with benefit of cold air, look into the comptech ice box, heard nothing but thumbs up, even w/sc.

Prepping the engine is nothing more then the obvious, I did none because simply I had zero problems with my fairly new car. Compression test wouldnt hurt

200whp is reasonable, put a kamikaze header on there, higher boost, proper tunning, etc.

If your serious LHT performance make jrsc intercooled and basically drastically drops intake temps, but thats usually for people who race w/sc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts