Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going and snagging this thing tom. Can anyone help me verify that all the major components are there. From what I can tell , its complete minus the crap fmu that came with them.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Yes it's all there but I would verify which application it's for (a6/z6 vs y7/y8) since the blower pulley differs for each application. If you're wanting to use this for a y7/y8 then it appears to be missing the crank pulley.

I would also strongly suggest that you examine the rotors of the blower before you buy. Some minor Knicks/scratches on the rotor edges are fine and remnants of the rotor coating is a good sign.

I have a ton of hands on experience w these, I've owned every kit besides the ZC kit and I'll be happy to help if you have any questions

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! Well , one question so I know what to tell the kid he seems like he doesn't know what he has, how hard is it and what's required to separate the blower from mani so I can check out the condition of it. ? Anything special or just bolt on and off?

·
Registered
94 EX Coupe
162 Posts
Looks to be a 4 rib pulley. So the Z6 will work fine with it. To check the rotor condition.. You need to take off the bolts that hold the snout of the blower. Most will have rough edges. Find a very fine sandpaper and work them smooth. I had to do it with mine. Esp the walls of the blower.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know what part # it uses to replace the gasket between the blower and the mani? When I take it apart..

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've been hoping that this was going to be available come the end of the month when my birthday is. Saw it on CL and have been wondering about it's "completeness" as well. GL with it.... I envy you.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man, I went up to Loveland and snagged it today. I'll have to get some pics when I can, but I separated the blower and the thing is MINT inside. Its got grease on it from being taken on and taken off and that's basically it. Even inside the runners are fairly clean. And got it for waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than advertised.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Glad to hear that you got it. The gasket part numbers are as follows:

051-525 GASKET, M45 S/C MANIFOLD 1
051-526 GASKET, TA SENSOR 1
051-528 GASKET,GEN3 S/C-TB ADAPTOR 1
051-529 GASKET, JR BYPASS-MANIFOLD 1
051-530 GASKET,TB ADAPTOR-S PIPE 1

And btw, do NOT manipulate the rotors/case in any way. You're better off having scratched and scored rotor edges. Smoothing them down, whether it be via sandpaper or a lathe, is a bad idea. Even .003" of additional rotor-to-rotor or rotor-to-case clearance can reduce the efficiency of the blower and allow boost to leak by.

Did the rotors still have the black coating on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts