Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my car is "lugging" in low rpm's (under 3k). Not under any boost at all. It's at the point where it's becoming noticeable but doesn't seem to be a big problem, yet...
At full boost, everything is fine. I'm just wondering if this crap fuel management from Jackson Racing may be the culprit. It's just a standard kit at 7psi on a stock D16Y8.
To me it feels like what happens when you are starting from a stop in second gear. That kind of stutter or lugging, just more supressed and not that noticeable. But the feeling is that there isn't enough gas getting to the engine. Don't know why it would be a fuel problem, tho, since at WOT it feelss fine.
Any ideas?

·
havent you seen my MOVIES?
926 Posts
Prowler said:
To me it feels like what happens when you are starting from a stop in second gear.
Any ideas?
why the heck are you starting from a stop in second?

and i say fuck the jr fuel management.. get some 310's or dsm 450s and a vafc

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm saying that is what it feels like, not that is what I'm doing.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have brand new NGK plugs, one range colder. Timing is 8 degress + (retarded)

What make everything strange is that high rpm accelerating or cruising is just fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
do you have all the pressure switch relay on right? if not thats what my car did its keeps the door from staying closed on the charcoal canister. I got it on running right and now my auto is boosting great . Where did you get 7psi. stock is 6. did you alter something?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's seven according to my Autometer boost gauge.

Which part was the pressure switch relay? The line that connects in the MAP sensor and battery/ground?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts