• close to 250+ /250+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
true.. i think i can think of about 6 users that have had or do have a jrsc on a d-series. most are turbo or sprayed, last up is the NA guys. however, this doesnt include the guys that are still just "thinking" about builds or guys with just i/h/e.

·
Registered
246 Posts
lol'd myself.... i can't imagine spending 2500$ to get that much hp. 2500 and i'd have one badass turbo D16.
but not to discourage a SC. It's a neat and different way of doing things, albeit, expensive.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I had a JRSC on my automatic d16z6.

Motor internals were stock.

Basic bolt ons, aem cold air, dc header, greddy evo2 catback, test pipe.

I dynotuned at 135whp @ 6psi (again this is an automatic).

I forgot the TQ numbers. I think it was like.. 112ftq.

--

My friend ended up buying my JRSC and putting it on his 5 speed.

Same setup basically and he made 167whp, then added an LS TB and make 7+whp.

Both setups were tuned on CROME.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well i think that my jrsc is pretty cool, it's only 6psi, but it's the power curve that i like it's pretty instant and the power feels great from the the low rpms. i don't know, but at the mountans i spank cars around all the turns... even the turbo ones. it's the turbo cars the most that always say man your fast. but thats in the mountains in the 8th and 1/4 mile it aint the same, not really much top end on these things. i guess it don't matter much cause i'm not into drag racing anyway. here's my car.

·
Registered
571 Posts
^ True. I think that SC owners, most at least, already know what they are getting into when they decided to bolt one on. I for one was not looking to break any hp records or run 13s. 1/4 mile times. I like to drive up canyon roads and stay Cali smog friendly, the JRSC fit the bill.

·
Registered
295 Posts
lol'd myself.... i can't imagine spending 2500$ to get that much hp. 2500 and i'd have one badass turbo D16.
but not to discourage a SC. It's a neat and different way of doing things, albeit, expensive.
Luckily i have an EF and my JRSC only ran me $750 bucks. I wouldn't spend that much either for the newer ones. Well i take that back, the new Rotrex based JRSC kits are badass. Before the company i worked for went under we were designing several SC kits based on the Rotrex, there badass little superchargers. I'm really pissed i didn't buy one when i worked there, i could have gotten it for cost.
I never had my car on the dyno so i have no clue what mines making, only running 7lbs. Also still on the stock cam.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is good to know guys!

the main reason for this poll is to have an idea of what more or less i should be specting.

the jrsc will be mounted on a d16y8 block with eagle rods and vitaras(75 mm)
d16z6 head that will be p&p, turbo cam( have not deside yet wich 1) and a 75 shot of nitrous ( wet system).

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i think that my jrsc is pretty cool, it's only 6psi, but it's the power curve that i like it's pretty instant and the power feels great from the the low rpms. i don't know, but at the mountans i spank cars around all the turns... even the turbo ones. it's the turbo cars the most that always say man your fast. but thats in the mountains in the 8th and 1/4 mile it aint the same, not really much top end on these things. i guess it don't matter much cause i'm not into drag racing anyway. here's my car.

thanks for the picture!
very nice engine bay.

·
Registered
92 Posts
^thanks, i still need a chase bays special and a battery relocator, but about that turbo cam. i too wanted one of those but jackson racing swears up and down they have tried lots of different cams and the stock one works best. i dont know if that goes for someone with and stand alone ecu, but i don't think i would go that route. but if thats what you want than let us know how much power you get. and check out that Supercharged D social group, we need more of us on there :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
^ True. I think that SC owners, most at least, already know what they are getting into when they decided to bolt one on. I for one was not looking to break any hp records or run 13s. 1/4 mile times. I like to drive up canyon roads and stay Cali smog friendly, the JRSC fit the bill.

Your right on the money. I already have a built turbo car and when i bought the SC i was just to make it a little faster nice and easy. I didn't want to have to fab anything or track down parts. I just wanted nice, easy , reliable power for the DD. And it's done everything i wanted it to. Now if only i could find a smaller pulley so i could get 9 psi out of it. Plus i also want to put a cam in it, i'm still doing research on that though. I'm really thinking about the Colt cams tri-flow 2 but the cost is a little high, may do the bisi, haven't heard a single negative thing about his cams.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts