Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a JRSC for a single cam locally. Seems like a steal of a deal. Its the charger unit itself, with the pulley on it. Seems like some crappy vacuum line hanging off of it. What else normally comes with the kit besides the charger? What else will I need? I think theres a alternator bracket thats missing? Read somewhere I can use mine with a easy modification. Cant find one listed anywhere that gives the details on what all it would come with since they are discontinued so no clue what else would be missing. Thanks all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the one. He says the previous owner painted it, owed him money, and gave it to him. No brackets with it. Said its it good shape besides the paint, picture quality didnt help much. Need new "red tubing thingies" ie: vacuum line I believe. Doesnt seem to be much of a car guy. Obviously, I wouldnt pay for anything without inspecting it myself. Which brings me also to, what do I look at? Shaft play and cracks on the impeller blades like a turbo? Oh, and I got the price down a bit on that.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Here's everything my kit had. Other than the SC and manifold, there should be the alternator brackets, tensioner assembly, dual alternator pulley, belts, s pipe, and a few small things I'm probably forgetting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His is missing a ton of stuff then. Looks like it just has mani, charger, and pulley. Oh well. for 280 I thought I was practically stealing it now i see everything thats missing.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Here's everything my kit had. Other than the SC and manifold, there should be the alternator brackets, tensioner assembly, dual alternator pulley, belts, s pipe, and a few small things I'm probably forgetting.

that's for a b-series.

if it doesn't come with the idler pulley bracket and you don't have one to duplicate don't bother.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You want it that bad? LOL. Yea seller really seems to have no idea what he's talking about. Too much missing stuff for me I think. Without all the brackets, and No way to just call JR and get some new ones, that kinda screws everything up. He's not that local to me, so the cost of gas for the two hours of driving makes it not worth it even more. Just thought it didn't need much more so I'd be set to bolt it on, get a belt, and hook up vacuum lines. If that was the case I'd be stoked and have my Crx right where I wanted it.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
You want it that bad? LOL. Yea seller really seems to have no idea what he's talking about. Too much missing stuff for me I think. Without all the brackets, and No way to just call JR and get some new ones, that kinda screws everything up. He's not that local to me, so the cost of gas for the two hours of driving makes it not worth it even more. Just thought it didn't need much more so I'd be set to bolt it on, get a belt, and hook up vacuum lines. If that was the case I'd be stoked and have my Crx right where I wanted it.
Yes, actually I do :) It would actually work out perfectly for me. I need a spare M45 and the manifold would be perfect for a custom intercooler idea that I have.

I told the guy I would give him $350 shipped for it and pay via paypal but he was bewildered by even the most trivial things like how to ship it or how paypal works. Probably some noob kid...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts